Danby 12,000 BTU Window AC in White
- 12,000 BTU cools space up to 550 square feet
- ENERGY STAR® compliant
- Electronic controls with LED display and remote control
- Powerful 3 speed fan circulates the air
- 4 way air direction
- Auto Restart: Unit automatically restarts after a power failure
- Reusable, washable air filter
- Sleep mode: Prevents the room from getting too cold while you sleep
- Energy Saver Switch: cycles the fan on and off to reduce energy consumption
- R32 Refrigerant: environmentally friendly, R32 ‘s GWP (Global Warming Potential) is 3x lower than R410a
- Convenient 24 hour programmable timer
- Follow Me Function: Remote control acts as a thermostat allowing for more precise temperature control
- ISTA-6 Packaging
- Warranty: 24 month in-home
This 12,000 BTU window air conditioner by Danby is perfect for living spaces up to 550 square feet. This air conditioner is Energy Star rated and comes with a 24-hour programmable timer, sleep mode and energy saver switch to reduce overall operating costs. To help maximize cooling, this unit comes with 4-way air direction, 3 speed fan and a ‘follow me’ feature where the remote control has a built-in thermostat that allows for more precise cooling. The LED display features electronic controls and a remote control.
- Product Width18.98"48.21 cm
- Product Depth21.46"54.51 cm
- Product Height14.65"37.21 cm
- Package Width22.24"56.49 cm
- Package Depth23.03"58.50 cm
- Package Height17.32"43.99 cm
- Product Weight68.78 lbs31.20 kg
- Package Weight75.84 lbs34.40 kg
24 months parts and labor coverage with carry-in service. Installation and/or yearly maintenance (cleaning) are not covered under warranty.
Information pertaining to watts and camps can be found on the rating plated located on the side of the unit.
We do not recommend using an extension cord.
Square feet is calculated by multiplying the length by the width. For example, a room that is 10 feet long by 25 feet wide is 250 square feet.
When automatic mode is selected, this automatically sets the appropriate option for your room based on the set temperature and the ambient temperature. For example, if it is 15°C outside, the unit would flip to fan mode if the set temperature was above 15. If it is set to 25°C the unit would revert to cooling mode. The unit would not revert to cooling mode unless the temperature outside was over 25.
Danby air conditioners are designed to cool a single room and not multiple rooms. Any walls or doors will interfere with the air flow.
The styrofoam that is inside the unit acts as insulation. Do not remove it. Only remove loose packaging.
Water is collected during the air conditioning process. This water will drain out of the unit and onto the ground and is why the unit should be installed on a slight downward tilt.
The sizes range from size 6-10 but varies based on model and screw location. Please consult your owner's manual for more details.
All Danby window air conditioners come complete with all required hardware for installation. Danby provides the installation guide in the manual as well as providing a video on our YouTube channel under the “How To” play list.
Danby window air conditioners have a sound rating from 39.5 decibels to 61 decibels. The exact decibel range is determined by the model of the unit and whether it is in fan, cooling or dry mode.