Washer Dryer Combo: A Solution for Small Space Living
We all lead busy lives today and consumers are always looking for appliances and devices that offer convenience and that will make their lives easier. With the decreases to household size and increase in single person household, space is a valuable asset that not many people can afford. Being able to fit a full size washer and dryer for example, is a huge space consumption and not always possible in small space living.
Washers and dryers placed side by side typically require a horizontal space of 60-inches or five feet. Measure the depth of the washer and dryers (most are around 33-inches) and add six inches for hoses and venting. Allow one inch on each side and between appliances to reduce noise from vibrations. If you have a top-loading washer, there should be 16 to 18 inches of clearance above the washer to open the door. All of this equals a lot of superfluous space, which some people just don’t have to offer.
A combination washer and dryer, or all-in-one, is a single unit that allows you to both wash and dry clothes. Designed to fit into small spaces, this appliance utilizes non-vented drying. Its compact size and ventless design is a huge benefit to small space living.
So how does it work?
Washer Dryer Combos look like standalone washing machines or dryers, but they function quite differently. The washing capabilities of a washer dryer combo are comparable to a standalone washing machine but for drying, two compartments manage the operating system. Hot air is forced into the outer drum where a condensation process cools the air and condenses water vapor out of the clothing.
The benefits to a combo unit, other than the huge space saving capability, is you don’t have to switch loads, and it doesn’t have to be vented outside, making it ideal for apartments, condos or RV’s.
Get the convenience of in-home laundry, even in small spaces, with Danby’s 2.7 cu.ft. All-In-One Ventless Washer Dryer Combo. The compact size (24in) and front-load design give you plenty of options on where to store this unit, especially when space is a factor. This combo unit allows you to choose between 14 wash cycles and 2 drying cycles to accommodate all your various laundry needs.
The All-In-1 Washer Dryer Combo also offers a variety of valuable features to make laundry easier and more enjoyable.
- Washing And Drying Capacity: 27 lbs. (Washing) and 17.6 lbs. (Drying) Capacity
- 14 Convenient Washing Cycles: including Normal, Heavy Duty, Wool, Delicates, Sanitary, Quick Wash and Sportswear
- My Cycle: custom my cycle washing setting will set and remember a favorite program
- 2 Drying Cycles: including Auto Dry, dry time based on the remaining moisture in the wash load, and Timed Dry
- Tub Clean: used to clean the inside of the appliance. It applies high temperature sterilization to clean the drum of the machine
- Stainless Steel Drum: stainless steel is used for its durability and won’t rust over time
- Time Delay Function: 1-24 hr. delay option lets you program the wash/dry cycle to suit your schedule
- Warranty: 12 month parts & labor with in-home service
Additional features include: Child Lock, Vent-less Dryer, LED Display, Emergency Door Release and Overflow Protection
Danby’s All-In-1 Washer Dryer Combo Unit is available at all major retailers and local independent dealers. Please visit www.danby.com for more information.