Volunteer Application Form
JOIN OUR TEAM
Have some time to contribute?
Speak a second (or more) language?
Want to help with English learning?
Like to decorate?
Work well with others?
Like to organize?
Want to share the beauty of Canadians?
Want to give back to your community?
HOW CAN I VOLUNTEER?
There are many ways you can help welcome newcomer families
Furniture Bank volunteer team members:
- Welcome donors, receive, record, and help organize donated furniture and household items
- Greet newcomer families and learn more about what they need for their homes and families
- Accompany families around the warehouse and help them select furniture and housewares
- Record outgoing items
- Work alongside other volunteers and visitors and support with basic administrative tasks
Orientation and Training is provided
To join the Furniture Bank volunteer team, you must be:
- Willing to commit to volunteering once a week for 3 hours, over a 6-month period. Shifts are currently scheduled Monday and Wednesdays from 11 am to 2pm, Tuesdays and Thursdays 5pm to 8pm
- At least 18 years old and comfortable conversing in English
- Comfortable with using technology and have access to an email
- Able to be standing/walking for a 3-hour shift on a concrete floor, and pack household items
- Comfortable working with people who do not speak English as their primary language
- Understanding and knowledge, or a willingness to learn, about diverse cultures and the challenges for newcomers to Canada
We are also seeking Furniture Bank volunteers to:
- Assist with record keeping
- Coordinate promotion via social media
- Maintain email lists for information and newsletter sharing
- Keep website content current
To apply to become a Circle Home Warehouse Team Volunteer please complete and submit this form below
- Fill out and submit the online form below
- You will be contacted with current opportunities and a selection of interview times
- An interview will be arranged
- References will be checked
- You will be notified about next steps
Questions or comments? Feel free to contact:
Refugee Program Administrator Blaire Rennie at BRennie@danby.com
519 837 0920 x 1304
Notice of Collection: Personal information on this form is collected in accordance with PIPEDA (Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act) and will be used to maintain volunteer records, make placements, and compile mailing lists for newsletters and recognition.
Questions regarding this collection should be forwarded to the Refugee Program Administrator, Danby Products, 5070 Whitelaw Road, Guelph ON N1E 6Z9, (519) 837-0920 x1304