Contribute Furniture And Housewares
The Circle Home Furniture Bank, located at 127 Woolwich Street in Guelph, provides newcomer families from Afghanistan, Ukraine, Syria and other countries with furniture and housewares to help them establish their homes in Guelph and neighbouring communities.
We are a not for profit organization, sponsored by Danby and run by a small team of volunteers working in consultation with Danby Refugee Program Administrator Blaire Rennie. We receive donations of furniture and housewares by appointment and welcome newcomers and their sponsors to visit the warehouse by appointment to choose what they need for their new homes.
We are always looking for people to help us out. If you are interested in joining our team, look at our volunteering opportunities.
You can help by donating your gently used furniture and household items
Please read before considering donating:
- As newcomer families are settling into small spaces and we have limited storage space in the warehouse we must be very selective about what we can and cannot accept.
- All donations must be new or gently used, free from stains, tears, odours, or damage.
- If donated furniture remains in the warehouse for more than six months, and is not needed by newcomer families, it may be re-directed to a Guelph organization (such as St Vincent du Paul Thrift shop) that also provides furniture at no cost to families in need.
- We receive donations of furniture and housewares from our acceptable donation list by appointment during volunteer shifts on Monday and Wednesday afternoons, and Tuesday and Thursday evenings.
- We do not offer pick up service but can refer you to a company that can help
Items we accept
- Apartment sized sofas, love seats and armchairs
- Coffee tables
- Beds – Queen, double, twin and bunk bed frames and box springs (no mattresses)
- Night tables
- Kitchen and Dining room tables
- Chairs (kitchen, dining office)
- Student desks
- Benches (for front halls)
- Small appliances (toasters, coffee makers, kettles, irons).
- Area rugs, carpets
- New or very gently used kitchen and bath towels
- Dish sets
- Serving dishes and bowls
- Mops, brooms, dustpans, vacuum cleaners
- Sewing machines and notions
- Ironing boards and covers
Items we can't accept at this time
Items we do NOT accept
- Any items that smell of mould or smoke
- Major appliances (stoves, fridges, freezers, dishwashers, washers and dryers, etc.)
- Big buffets / sideboards / entertainment units/ hutches with glass shelves
- Holiday decorations, ornaments
What describes you the best?
To arrange a donation complete this form. A volunteer will follow up.