Designed for delightful owner support
Danby 8,000 BTU U-Shaped Inverter Window Air ConditionerDAC080B6IWDB-6
Introducing the first ever U-shaped Inverter Window Air Conditioner from Danby! This unit allows you to open or close your window while the AC is installed. The innovative design makes installation very easy, and the ability to close the window isolates the noise outside - making it extra quiet. This 8,000 BTU window AC model is capable of cooling spaces up to approximately 350 square feet. This air conditioner is Energy Star® compliant and comes with sleep mode, and an energy saver switch – all of which help you to save on your monthly utility bills. To help maximize cooling, this unit also comes with a 3-speed fan, and wireless connect, so you can control the temperature in your space anytime, anywhere!
|Product Width||48.26 cm||19"|
|Product Depth||55.88 cm||22"|
|Product Height||34.29 cm||13.5"|
|Package Width||53.34 cm||21"|
|Package Depth||60.96 cm||24"|
|Package Height||38.10 cm||15"|
- 8,000 BTU’s cools spaces up to 350 square feet
- R32 Refrigerant: Environmentally friendly, R32’s GWP (Global Warming Potential) is 3x lower than R410a
- Inverter Compressor: Up to 35% energy savings with advanced DC inverter technology
- U-Shape Design: Provides flexibility of opening your window to allow fresh air into the room as desired
- Silencer Technology: Operates as low as 33dB. Unit is 9x quieter than traditional units.
- Energy Star® compliant
- Wireless Connect: Control the temperature in your space anytime, from anywhere
- Electronic controls with LED display and remote control
- Powerful 3 speed fan circulates the air
- Auto Restart: Unit automatically restarts after a power failure
- Sleep mode: Prevents the room from getting too cold while you sleep
- Energy Saver Switch: Cycles the fan on and off to reduce energy consumption
- Reusable, washable air filter
- Warranty: 24 months in-home
24 months In home parts and labor. Installation and/or yearly maintenance (cleaning) are not covered under warranty.
Information pertaining to watts and camps can be found on the rating plated located on the side of the unit.
ISTA-6 packaging refers to the type of packaging used to reduce damage when shipping.
Danby air conditioners are designed to cool a room and not multiple rooms. Any walls or doors will interfere with the air flow.
Danby window air conditioners have a sound rating from 39.5 decibels to 61 decibels. The exact decibel range is determined by the model of the unit and whether it is in fan, cooling or dry mode.
All Danby window air conditioners come complete with all required hardware for installation. Danby provides the installation guide in the manual as well as providing a video on our YouTube channel under the “How To” play list.
When selected, this automatically sets the appropriate option for your room based on the ambient temperature. For example, if it is 15°C outside, the unit would flip to fan mode. If it is set to 30°C, the unit would revert back to cooling mode.
No, this is not recommended. Please bring your AC unit indoors during the winter months.
We do not recommend using an extension cord.
The sizes range from size 6-10 but varies based on model and screw location. Please consult your owner’s manual for more details.
The styrofoam that is inside the unit acts as insulation. Do not remove it. Only remove loose packaging.
Water is collected during the air conditioning process. This water will drain out of the unit and onto the ground and is why the unit should be installed on a slight downward tilt.
Please refer to the energy guide.