Material Handler (Day Shift),
Are you someone who likes to make things happen and get the job done? Do you have a background in warehousing and distribution? Does unloading trucks and processing incoming and out-going shipments sound like fun to you? If so, apply now!
We are currently seeking hardworking Material Handlers to join our Shipping & Receiving team! This position operates out of our Guelph, Ontario head office reporting to our Warehouse Manager and working alongside a great group of people!
What’s in it for You:
- Full time permanent position
- Single Day shift, 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday
- Eligible for medical, dental and vision benefits after a maximum of 90 days
- An outstanding culture where you are part of the Danby family
- Opportunity for advancement and career development
- Discounts on Danby products!
- Operate a pump cart, forklift/clamp truck in a safe and efficient manner
- Pick, stage and scan product according to order and SKU #s
- Inspect product and truck to ensure there are no rips or holes in the floor, walls or ceiling
- Load/unload product from trucks and place product in assigned area
- Verify and report all outgoing/incoming quantities
- Lift/carry and push/pull products weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Keep general areas tidy and aisle ways clean and free from cardboard, strapping materials or product
- Ensure that product is stored with correct stacking heights and is within the marked areas and report any safety concerns
- Other warehousing duties as assigned
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- A valid driver’s license
- 2 or more years’ experience operating a forklift/clamp truck in a warehouse environment
- Ability to lift, carry, push, pull product weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Safety mindset!
- Excellent communication skills in English both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Strong attention to detail, work ethic and positive team player
- Computer literate, proficiency in programs such as, MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience in shipping/receiving and order picking
- Experience using RF scanners
Danby is a proudly Canadian company with a rich history spanning 70 years. We are currently a leader in the appliance market, producing innovative, quality products at competitive pricing.
Our products are marketed under seven brand names: Danby®, Danby Designer®, Danby Diplomat®, Danby Premiere®, Simplicity®, Arcticaire®, and Silhouette®, as well as some private brands for major retail stores. Danby’s goal of being the largest compact and specialty appliance company in North America is already being realized. Our strong leadership, creativity and innovation provide us with the tools to ensure future growth for many years to come.
At Danby, it’s not just a job, it’s a career.
Here are some of the reasons why being employed with Danby may be your best career move:
- You will have a job where you can be part of change and really make an impact!
- You will have the ability to work with great people who are passionate about our industry.
- You will work for an established company that actually believes in its values and does their best to live them out!
Danby is an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. Accommodations are available upon request in all aspects of the recruitment process. Please check out our careers website to see what opportunities might interest you at, www.danby.com/careers