Material Handler (Day Shift),
Do you enjoy hands on, challenging work? Are you someone with a background in warehousing and distribution, looking for something new? If so, this is the role for you!
We are currently seeking a hardworking Material Handler to join our warehouse team! This position operates out of our Guelph, Ontario head office in our Remanufacturing department.
What’s in it for You:
- Full time permanent position
- Single Day shift, 40 hours per week
- $15 – $16.50/hour
- Eligible for medical, dental and vision benefits after a maximum of 90 days
- Opportunity for advancement and career development
- Great environment & experienced team
- Discounts on Danby products
- Unpack units and sort accessories to correct storage locations
- Perform test functions on product to verify operations
- Perform physical / visual inspection of the product to verify operations
- Re-box remanufactured product and skid other product for movement to storage location
- Complete documentation associated with product status
- Input product status into ERP database system
- Keep general areas tidy and aisle ways clean and free from cardboard or strapping materials or product etc.
- Move product around the warehouse using a pump truck, forklift and clamp truck.
- Ensure that product is stored with correct stacking heights and is within the marked areas.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- 2 or more years’ experience working in a warehouse operating a forklift/clamp truck
- Ability to lift, carry, push, pull product weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Strong attention to detail, work ethic and positive team player
- Expert data entry skills with proficiency in programs such as, MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience in shipping/receiving, order picking & remanufacturing is considered an asset
Danby is a proudly Canadian company with a rich history spanning 70 years. We are currently a leader in the appliance market, producing innovative, quality products at competitive pricing.
Our products are marketed under seven brand names: Danby®, Danby Designer®, Danby Diplomat®, Danby Premiere®, Simplicity®, Arcticaire®, and Silhouette®, as well as some private brands for major retail stores. Danby’s goal of being the largest compact and specialty appliance company in North America is already being realized. Our strong leadership, creativity and innovation provide us with the tools to ensure future growth for many years to come.
At Danby, it’s not just a job, it’s a career.
Here are some of the reasons why being employed with Danby may be your best career move:
- You will have a job where you can be part of change and really make an impact!
- You will have the ability to work with great people who are passionate about our industry.
- You will work for an established company that actually believes in its values and does their best to live them out!
Danby is an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. Accommodations are available upon request in all aspects of the recruitment process. Please check out our careers website to see what opportunities might interest you at, www.danby.com/careers.