Material Handler (Day Shift),
Under the general direction of the Reverse Logistics Manager, the Material handler is responsible for a variety of duties to ensure safe, efficient and accurate processing of units moving through the Remanufacturing area. This includes the unboxing cleaning and some testing of the units. This position operates pump cart to move materials around the warehouse with full adherence to company safety policy and safety compliance regulations under OHSA.
- Full time permanent position
- Single Day shift, 40 hours per week from 7:30 am
- Eligible for medical, dental and vision benefits after a maximum of 90 days
- Competitive pension plan available
- Opportunity for advancement and career development including tuition reimbursement
- Great environment & experienced team
- Employee discounts and wellness programs
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Unpacks units and sorts accessories to correct storage locations
- Perform Test functions on product to verify operations and conformance to specifications
- Performs physical / visual inspection of the product to verify operations.
- Re-boxes Remanufactured product and skids other product for movement to storage location
- Completes documentation associated with product status
- Keeps general areas tidy and aisle ways clean and free from cardboard or strapping materials or product etc.
- Ensures that product is stored with correct stacking heights and is within the marked areas.
- Participates in safety training as required.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- 3 or more years experience working in a warehouse
- Ability to operate a forklift/clamp truck
- Experience in shipping/receiving & order picking is considered an asset
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Able to work well under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to deal with people sensitively and professionally at all times
- Computer literate
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
The Material Handler works in a Warehouse setting and the temperature is variable depending on seasonal conditions. There is noise in relation to the Tow Motor; however, proper hearing protection is provided and is optional. Some lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling of heavy product weighing 50lbs may be required to load and unload various shipments.
Danby is a proudly Canadian company with a rich history spanning 70 years. We are currently a leader in the appliance market, producing innovative, quality products at competitive pricing.
Our products are marketed under seven brand names: Danby®, Danby Designer®, Danby Diplomat®, Danby Premiere®, Simplicity®, Arcticaire®, and Silhouette®, as well as some private brands for major retail stores. Danby’s goal of being the largest compact and specialty appliance company in North America is already being realized. Our strong leadership, creativity and innovation provide us with the tools to ensure future growth for many years to come.
At Danby, it’s not just a job, it’s a career.
Here are some of the reasons why being employed with Danby may be your best career move:
- You will have a job where you can be part of change and really make an impact!
- You will have the ability to work with great people who are passionate about our industry.
- You will work for an established company that actually believes in its values and does their best to live them out!
Danby is an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. Accommodations are available upon request in all aspects of the recruitment process. Please check out our careers website to see what opportunities might interest you at, www.danby.com/careers.