We have an opening for an energetic, experienced professional to join us in the role of Product Trainer. The Product Trainer is responsible for educating internal and external customers across North America. The successful candidate will be responsible for the design, delivery and continuous improvement of training programs and materials; conduct needs assessments, execute training, develop reinforcements and evaluate outcomes. The Product Trainer will operate in a fast paced, dynamic and challenging environment, and will need to be motivated, passionate, and constantly looking to change the future outlook of the company.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with category & sales to understand future needs and gaps
- Identify relevant training needs, documentation, and opportunities in order to create training content/materials for existing product and new product launches
- Maintain and manage training materials
- Apply the latest in texts, materials, teaching aids, and training techniques relevant to the organization’s and its goals and objectives
- Conduct hands on product and competitive teardowns
- Track market trends and competitive product information
- Train customer service, sales team and external customers on Danby product
- Able to deliver, motivate and mentor trainees through effective training sessions
- Travel to Canada & the US with a valid passport
- Attend trade shows
What we’re looking for:
- Exceptional training skills
- University Degree and minimum 3 years of work experience as a corporate trainer or in a similar training role, technical knowledge and appliance experience preferred
- Direct knowledge of various training methodologies (eLearning, web sharing, discussions, demonstration, etc.)
- Advanced written and oral communication skills, with the ability to communicate with individuals at all levels of learning
- Excellent listening, observing, and questioning skills
- Excellent critical thinking, decision making, time management and collaboration skills. Strong attention to detail
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with other departments, key business partners, and other stakeholders
- Ability to travel within North America
- Work-life flexibility minded individual
- Bilingualism is an asset
Danby is a proudly Canadian company with a rich history spanning over 70 years. We are currently a leader in the appliance market, producing innovative, quality products at competitive pricing. Our products are marketed under seven brand names: Danby®, Danby Designer®, Danby Diplomat®, Danby Premiere®, Simplicity®, Arcticaire®, and Silhouette®, as well as some private brands for major retail stores.
Danby’s goal of being the largest compact and specialty appliance company in North America is already being realized. Our strong leadership, creativity and innovation provide us with the tools to ensure future growth for many years to come.
At Danby, it’s not just a job, it’s a career.
Here are some of the reasons why being employed with Danby may be your best career move:
- You will have a job where you can be part of change and really make an impact!
- You will have the ability to work with great people who are passionate about our industry.
- You will work for an established company that actually believes in its values and does their best to live them out!
Danby is an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. Accommodations are available upon request in all aspects of the recruitment process. Please check out our careers website to see what opportunities might interest you at, www.danby.com/careers.