Warehouse Logistics Lead,
Under the general direction of the Reverse Logistics Manager, the Warehouse Logistics Leader is responsible for a variety of duties to ensure safe, efficient and accurate processing of incoming and out-going shipments. This includes staging, sorting and loading of returns. This position operates a tow motor, clamp truck or cart to move materials around the warehouse with full adherence to company safety policy and safety compliance regulations under OHSA.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises and motivates Material handlers on an ongoing basis to ensure work flow is kept current and accurate
- Counts returns to ensure that the appropriate number of pieces are present
- Builds clamps and places product in appropriate place in Warehouse using lift truck
- Perform pretest functions on incoming product to verify operations.
- Keeps general areas tidy and aisle ways clean and free from cardboard or strapping materials or product etc.
- Ensures that product is stored with correct stacking heights and is within the marked areas.
- The candidate must have a college or university degree in business, with a focus on warehousing, transportation, reverse logistics, or materials management coupled with 5 years of experience in a reverse logistics environment in a supervisory capacity or equivalent experience.
- Must have experience operating a Forklift or Clamp Truck
- Must demonstrate strong skills in the areas of managing & developing direct reports, problem solving, meeting multiple deadlines, communicating effectively with internal and external customers and detail management
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Able to work well and thrive under pressure
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, Outlook
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
The Warehouse Logistics Lead works in a Warehouse setting and the temperature is variable depending on seasonal conditions. There is noise in relation to the Tow Motor; however, proper hearing protection is provided and is optional. Some lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling of heavy product weighing 45- 50lbs may be required to load and unload various shipments.
Danby is a proudly Canadian company with a rich history spanning over 70 years. We are currently a leader in the appliance market, producing innovative, quality products at competitive pricing. Our products are marketed under seven brand names: Danby®, Danby Designer®, Danby Diplomat®, Danby Premiere®, Simplicity®, Arcticaire®, and Silhouette®, as well as some private brands for major retail stores.
Danby’s goal of being the largest compact and specialty appliance company in North America is already being realized. Our strong leadership, creativity and innovation provide us with the tools to ensure future growth for many years to come.
At Danby, it’s not just a job, it’s a career.
Here are some of the reasons why being employed with Danby may be your best career move:
- You will have a job where you can be part of change and really make an impact!
- You will have the ability to work with great people who are passionate about our industry.
- You will work for an established company that actually believes in its values and does their best to live them out!
Danby is an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. Accommodations are available upon request in all aspects of the recruitment process. Please check out our careers website to see what opportunities might interest you at, www.danby.com/careers.