Purchasing a Good Dehumidifier just in Time for Spring
As we sail past the cold holiday season into the spring, it’s time to start thinking about health- home health that is! While the snow may still be here, the inevitable winter thaw is just around the corner (…well for some of us). With the wet weather sneaking in the forecast, it’s time to consider investing in a good dehumidifier for the spring.
Why buy a dehumidifier?
Dehumidifiers bring comfort to your homes by removing excess moisture in the atmosphere and eliminating that damp/soggy feeling that sets in when the snow melts and spring rain begins. In addition to preventing mildew and mold growth, dehumidifiers ease symptoms of asthma and allergies, by eliminating the bacteria in the air that can make breathing difficult. A good dehumidifier is also just as effective in the humid summer months and damp fall weather.
Why buy a Danby Dehumidifier?
When it comes to your home health, stick to the experts. With over 65 years of making home appliances Danby knows what’s best for your home especially when it comes to dehumidifiers. By controlling the dampness, Danby dehumidifiers help prevent permanent damage caused by excess moisture to your home’s possessions. Available in 30, 45 and 60+ pint capacities, our units dehumidify areas from 2000 – 4500 sq. ft. making Danby’s dehumidifiers perfect for basements, garages, recreational rooms or wherever moisture removal is needed. With large reservoirs, our units can run uninterrupted for long periods. In addition, users have the option to run continuously with our direct drain feature available in most of our models.
- Be sure to set the humidity on your dehumidifier at a reasonable level; we recommend between 40 – 50 percent.
- When operating your dehumidifier be sure to keep your doors and windows closed.
- Ensure you place the dehumidifier at a location away from any sources of excess dust or dirt that may clog the filter more frequently.
- To ensure optimal operating efficiency, check and clean your filter regularly.
- Instead of wasting the water that is produced by your Danby Dehumidifier use it for watering houseplants and flowers.
We know how important it is to save your money, not to mention ease their environmental conscience, which is why these units have been built to Energy Star standards. To learn more about what it means to achieve Energy Star certification visit https://www.energystar.gov/.