Mainstays 5,000 BTU Window Air ConditionerThis product has been discontinued.
- 5,000 BTU air conditioner cools approximately 150 sq. ft.
- Energy Efficiency Rating (EER) of 9.7
- Environmentally friendly R410A refrigerant
- Mechanical controls
- Removable air filter is easy to clean
- Variable temperature control 17°C – 30°C
- 2 fan speeds & 2 way air direction
- Expandable window installation kit accommodates windows from 23 4/16″- 36 4/16″ wide
- Minimum window height required: 33.0 cm (13 in.)
- Product Width16"40.64 cm
- Product Depth13.125"33.34 cm
- Product Height12 1/16"30.48 cm
- Package Width18"45.72 cm
- Package Depth16"40.64 cm
- Package Height15"38.10 cm
- Product Weight34.2 lbs15.51 kg
- Package Weight39.7 lbs18.01 kg
12 months parts and labor coverage with carry-in service. Installation and/or yearly maintenance (cleaning) are not covered under warranty.
Information pertaining to watts and camps can be found on the rating plated located on the side of the unit.
We do not recommend using an extension cord.
Square feet is calculated by multiplying the length by the width. For example, a room that is 10 feet long by 25 feet wide is 250 square feet.
When automatic mode is selected, this automatically sets the appropriate option for your room based on the set temperature and the ambient temperature. For example, if it is 15°C outside, the unit would flip to fan mode if the set temperature was above 15. If it is set to 25°C the unit would revert to cooling mode. The unit would not revert to cooling mode unless the temperature outside was over 25.
Danby air conditioners are designed to cool a single room and not multiple rooms. Any walls or doors will interfere with the air flow.
The styrofoam that is inside the unit acts as insulation. Do not remove it. Only remove loose packaging.
Water is collected during the air conditioning process. This water will drain out of the unit and onto the ground and is why the unit should be installed on a slight downward tilt.
The sizes range from size 6-10 but varies based on model and screw location. Please consult your owner's manual for more details.
All Danby window air conditioners come complete with all required hardware for installation. Danby provides the installation guide in the manual as well as providing a video on our YouTube channel under the “How To” play list.
Danby window air conditioners have a sound rating from 39.5 decibels to 61 decibels. The exact decibel range is determined by the model of the unit and whether it is in fan, cooling or dry mode.