Danby 18,000 BTU Window AC in White – Refurbished
- 18,000 BTU’s cools space up to 1,000 square feet
- 230V Energy Requirement
- R32 Refrigerant: environmentally friendly, R32’s GWP (Global Warming Potential) is 3x lower than R410a
- ENERGY STAR® compliant
- Electronic controls with LED display and remote control
- A powerful 3-speed fan circulates the air
- 4-way air direction
- Convenient 24-hour programmable timer
- Auto Restart: the unit automatically restarts after a power failure
- Slide out chassis for easy installation
- Follow Me Function: remote control acts as a thermostat allowing for more precise temperature control
- Sleep mode: regulates the air around you while you sleep for maximum comfort
- Energy Saver Switch: cycles the fan on and off to reduce energy consumption
- Reusable, washable air filter
- 24 month in-home
Description Cool down with this 18,000 BTU window air conditioner by Danby is perfect for living spaces up to 1,000 square feet. This model is ENERGY STAR® compliant and comes with a 24-hour programmable timer, sleep mode, and an energy saver switch, all of which helps to reduce its overall operating costs. To help maximize cooling, this unit also comes with 4-way air direction and a ‘follow me’ function, where the remote control has a built-in thermostat that allows for more precise cooling. This model also comes with a reusable, washable air filter, making maintenance a breeze. Keep in mind that this model has a 230V energy requirement.
Refurbished Warranty Discover peace of mind with our 12-month limited warranty on all refurbished products. At Danby, our commitment to quality shines through our meticulous refurbishment process. Each product undergoes rigorous testing, ensuring it meets or exceeds the performance of new items
Information pertaining to watts and camps can be found on the rating plated located on the side of the unit.
We do not recommend using an extension cord.
Square feet is calculated by multiplying the length by the width. For example, a room that is 10 feet long by 25 feet wide is 250 square feet.
When automatic mode is selected, this automatically sets the appropriate option for your room based on the set temperature and the ambient temperature. For example, if it is 15°C outside, the unit would flip to fan mode if the set temperature was above 15. If it is set to 25°C the unit would revert to cooling mode. The unit would not revert to cooling mode unless the temperature outside was over 25.
Danby air conditioners are designed to cool a single room and not multiple rooms. Any walls or doors will interfere with the air flow.
The styrofoam that is inside the unit acts as insulation. Do not remove it. Only remove loose packaging.
Water is collected during the air conditioning process. This water will drain out of the unit and onto the ground and is why the unit should be installed on a slight downward tilt.
The sizes range from size 6-10 but varies based on model and screw location. Please consult your owner's manual for more details.
All Danby window air conditioners come complete with all required hardware for installation. Danby provides the installation guide in the manual as well as providing a video on our YouTube channel under the “How To” play list.
Danby window air conditioners have a sound rating from 39.5 decibels to 61 decibels. The exact decibel range is determined by the model of the unit and whether it is in fan, cooling or dry mode.