Danby 10,000 BTU Window Air ConditionerThis product has been discontinued.
- 10,000 BTU window air conditioner cools areas up to 450 sq. ft.
- Energy Star® compliant
- Ionizer function aids in removing bacteria and unwanted odours from the room
- Follow me function: Remote control acts as a thermostat allowing for more precise temperature control
- Sleep Mode: Prevents the room from getting too cold while you sleep
- Energy Saver Switch: Cycles the fan on and off to reduce energy consumption
- Remote Control (batteries included)
- Electronic controls with Blue LED display
- Environmentally friendly R410A refrigerant
- Reusable, washable air filter
- 4-way air direction
- 3 fan speeds
- Variable temperature control from 17ºC – 30ºC (62ºF – 86ºF)
- Expandable window installation kit accommodates windows from 23″ – 36″ wide
- Minimum window height required: 15.5 in. (39.4 cm)
This 10,000 BTU window air conditioner by Danby is perfect for living spaces up to 450 square feet. In addition to being cool and comfortable, the Ionizer function helps filter allergens and remove unwanted bacteria and odours from the living space. This air conditioner is Energy Star rated and with a 24-hour programmable timer, sleep mode and energy saver switch, this unit reduces overall operating costs and saves on your monthly hydro bills. To help maximize cooling, this unit comes with 4-way air direction and a ‘follow me’ feature where the remote control has a built-in thermostat that allows for more precise cooling.
- Product Width19"48.26 cm
- Product Depth21 1/2"53.34 cm
- Product Height14 1/2"35.56 cm
- Package Width23"58.42 cm
- Package Depth24"60.96 cm
- Package Height18"45.72 cm
- Product Weight61.73 lbs28.00 kg
- Package Weight72.39 lbs32.84 kg
12 months parts and labor coverage. Installation and/or yearly maintenance (cleaning) are not covered under warranty.
Information pertaining to watts and camps can be found on the rating plated located on the side of the unit.
We do not recommend using an extension cord.
Square feet is calculated by multiplying the length by the width. For example, a room that is 10 feet long by 25 feet wide is 250 square feet.
When automatic mode is selected, this automatically sets the appropriate option for your room based on the set temperature and the ambient temperature. For example, if it is 15°C outside, the unit would flip to fan mode if the set temperature was above 15. If it is set to 25°C the unit would revert to cooling mode. The unit would not revert to cooling mode unless the temperature outside was over 25.
Danby air conditioners are designed to cool a single room and not multiple rooms. Any walls or doors will interfere with the air flow.
The styrofoam that is inside the unit acts as insulation. Do not remove it. Only remove loose packaging.
Water is collected during the air conditioning process. This water will drain out of the unit and onto the ground and is why the unit should be installed on a slight downward tilt.
The sizes range from size 6-10 but varies based on model and screw location. Please consult your owner's manual for more details.
All Danby window air conditioners come complete with all required hardware for installation. Danby provides the installation guide in the manual as well as providing a video on our YouTube channel under the “How To” play list.
Danby window air conditioners have a sound rating from 39.5 decibels to 61 decibels. The exact decibel range is determined by the model of the unit and whether it is in fan, cooling or dry mode.