Danby Convertible Upright Freezer
- 6.8 cu ft. capacity (193 Litres): Compact upright freezer perfect for small space living.
- Convertible: Works as refrigerator or freezer
- Energy Star Compliant: Energy efficient to help you save money without sacrificing performance.
- Fast Freeze function to quickly lower the temperature inside the freezer for contents to freeze faster.
- Garage Ready: Freezer can perform in temperatures from 0°F to 110°F (-17°C to 43°C).
- Flexible frozen food organization: 5 full width glass shelves & 3 drawers to make food storage easier.
- Mechanical thermostat: Ease of use in adjusting variable temperature range.
- Reversible Door lets you decide your door swing direction
- Manual defrost: Easy to clean.
- 5 Year Parts & Labour in Home Warranty: Industry leading warranty for peace of mind.
Get the best of both worlds with this upright convertible! Our convertible units make it easy to switch between a refrigerator and a freezer, depending on your needs. Whether you need extra fridge space for groceries or more freezer space for ice cream, this upright convertible has you covered. Plus, our easy-to-use conversion feature makes it a breeze to switch between modes.
- Product Width21.5"54.61 cm
- Product Depth22.31"56.67 cm
- Product Height56.25"142.88 cm
- Package Width22.63"57.48 cm
- Package Depth23.31"59.21 cm
- Package Height57.81"146.84 cm
- Product Weight102.69 lbs46.58 kg
- Package Weight112.70 lbs51.12 kg
5 years parts and labor coverage with in-home service. Installation and/or yearly maintenance (cleaning) are not covered under warranty.
Information pertaining to watts and camps can be found on the rating plated located on the side of the unit.
We do not recommend using an extension cord.
Yes, please allow it to sit upright for 6 hours before plugging it in.
Please refer to the energy guide associated with your unit.
This is normal. If you feel like it is coming on too often, adjust your temperature setting.
Is it plugged in and turned on? Did you allow the unit to sit upright for 6 hours prior to plugging the unit in? If yes, to all of the above and it is still not cooling, please contact consumer care.
Doors can be reversed on the majority of Danby’s refrigerators. Door reversal instructions can be found in the owner’s manual. Video instructions can be found using this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13IJrUfP95M&t=15s https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqEZCI77ODU&t=29s https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErptZ5DJVUQ
Have you recently opened and then closed the freezer (over the last 1-5 minutes)? If so, being unable to open the unit again right away is an indication that your door seal is working well.
This varies based on unit and model. See your owner's manual for defrost type and instructions.
The temperature range varies based on model. Please consult your owner's manual or the product page on the website.
Garage ready means that the freezer is well insulated and equipped to handle temperature extremes in an enclosed garage. The garage must be enclosed so that the freezer is not subject to snow, rain and other environmental weather conditions not meant for an electrical appliance. The exterior temperature range that the garage ready freezers can operate within is 0F - 110F/-17C – 43C.
Danby’s refrigerators and freezers operate at a sound level between 35 and 46 decibels. This is within the normal decibel range for modern freezers.