Danby 14,000 BTU Portable Air ConditionerDPA140HEAUBDB
Lowering the temperature in your home is always a priority once the hot, humid days of summer show up on your doorstep. This can easily be done with this progressive 14,000 BTU air conditioner as it’s been made to cool down rooms up to approximately 700 square feet in size. This portable model features a single-hose design and its continuous-use, direct-drain system can handle a capacity of 54 pints every 24 hours. It runs quietly and smoothly on environmentally-friendly R410A refrigerant which is designed to keep the air fresh and cool. The variable electronic temperature control with LED display is easy to program and the remote control unit enables you to manipulate the appliance from anywhere in the room. Your personal schedule can easily be adhered to by using the automatic on/off feature to start and stop the unit whenever you choose. Relocating the air conditioner to any room is made easy with the built-in handles and castors. This top-of-the line air conditioning unit also comes with a 24-month warranty on parts and labour.
|Product Width||43.50 cm||17 2/16"|
|Product Depth||34.93 cm||13 12/16"|
|Product Height||71.44 cm||28 2/16"|
- 14,000 BTU portable air conditioner cools areas up to 700 sq. ft.
- 4-in-1 design: Air conditioner, fan, dehumidifier and heater
- Single hose design efficiently exhausts warm, humid air outside
- Auto restart: unit automatically restarts after a power failure
- Dehumidifier mode with direct drain for continuous operation
- 24 hour timer
- Electronic controls with LED display and remote control
- Environmentally friendly R410A refrigerant
- Reusable, washable air filter
- Powerful 3 speed fan
- Auto Swing: circulates the air in the living space
- 4 castors for easy room to room transport
- Integrated handles allow you to move the unit from room to room easily
- Fits easily in sliding glass doors, slider and double hung windows
- Exhaust hose length: 59 1/16" (146 cm)
- Variable temperature control from 18ºC - 32ºC (64ºF - 90ºF)
24 months parts and labour. Installation and/or yearly maintenance (cleaning) are not covered under warranty.
On most models with heat mode, it is advised to use the hose for direct drain. This will ensure the pan does not fill up too quickly.
When selected, this automatically sets the appropriate option for your room based on the ambient temperature. For example, if it is 15°C outside, the unit would flip to fan mode. If it is set to 30°C, the unit would revert back to cooling mode.
The water drains from the drainage port. If you are not using the continuous drain, the internal pan drains from the bottom outlet. Consult your owner’s manual for more information.
You should always use it during cooling and heating. It is not required during fan and dry mode. Please consult your owner’s manuals for more details.
During heat mode, dry mode or continuous draining. Please consult your owner’s manuals for more details.
This is not recommended, as the unit is built to operate using the drain hose/power cord provided.
Units with three drainage ports are units which also feature heat mode. The bottom drainage port empties the internal pan, the middle port is for continuous drain during heat and the top port is for continuous drain during dry mode. Please consult your owner’s manual for more detail.
Dual hose models have an intake and exhaust hose. With single hose models, the hose exhausts and the air that is to be “conditioned” is taken in from the room through the unit.
No, this is not recommended. Please bring your AC unit indoors during the winter months.