Danby 14.5 cu. ft. Chest Freezer in White
- Large capacity 14.5 cu ft chest freezer suitable for families of four or more
- Manual defrost design with convenient front mount defrost drain
- Garage ready: freezer can perform in temperatures from 0°F to 110°F (-17°C to 43°C)
- Front mount thermostat with “power-on” indicator light
- Energy efficient design maintains optimum freezing temperatures of 10°F (-12°C) to -13°F (-25°C)
- Two heavy duty wire baskets and wire compartment divider
- Mounted on rollers
- Energy efficient interior white LED light
- Durable aluminum interior with rounded corners for easy cleaning
- Industry-leading 5-year warranty on parts and labor with in-home service
If you’re in the market for a large 14.5 cubic foot (412 litre) capacity chest freezer, you’ll find this model to be one of the most popular around. It offers an enormous amount of storage room. This unit features an energy-efficient insulated lid and cabinet which are also scuff resistant. There is a pair of storage baskets for your favorite foods and the interior liner is designed for simple cleaning. The front-mount thermostat is a multi-position unit and a handy defrost drain is also provided. This attractive white model also features an industry leading 5 year warranty on parts and labor.
- Product Width60.44"153.52 cm
- Product Depth29.5"74.93 cm
- Product Height32.88"83.52 cm
- Package Width62.19"157.96 cm
- Package Depth30.5"77.47 cm
- Package Height34.94"88.75 cm
- Product Weight146.4 lbs66.41 kg
- Package Weight160.5 lbs72.80 kg
5 years parts and labour coverage with In-Home service. Installation and/or Yearly Maintenance (cleaning) are not covered under warranty.
Information pertaining to watts and camps can be found on the rating plated located on the side of the unit.
We do not recommend using an extension cord.
Yes, please allow it to sit upright for 6 hours before plugging it in.
Please refer to the energy guide associated with your unit.
This is normal. If you feel like it is coming on too often, adjust your temperature setting.
Is it plugged in and turned on? Did you allow the unit to sit upright for 6 hours prior to plugging the unit in? If yes, to all of the above and it is still not cooling, please contact consumer care.
Doors can be reversed on the majority of Danby’s refrigerators. Door reversal instructions can be found in the owner’s manual. Video instructions can be found using this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13IJrUfP95M&t=15s https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqEZCI77ODU&t=29s https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErptZ5DJVUQ
Have you recently opened and then closed the freezer (over the last 1-5 minutes)? If so, being unable to open the unit again right away is an indication that your door seal is working well.
This varies based on unit and model. See your owner's manual for defrost type and instructions.
The temperature range varies based on model. Please consult your owner's manual or the product page on the website.
Garage ready means that the freezer is well insulated and equipped to handle temperature extremes in an enclosed garage. The garage must be enclosed so that the freezer is not subject to snow, rain and other environmental weather conditions not meant for an electrical appliance. The exterior temperature range that the garage ready freezers can operate within is 0F - 110F/-17C – 43C.
Danby’s refrigerators and freezers operate at a sound level between 35 and 46 decibels. This is within the normal decibel range for modern freezers.