Danby Convertible Square Model Chest Freezer
- 7.0 cu ft. capacity (198.2 Litres): Store more of your favorite frozen foods and optimize bulk food storage.
- Convertible: Works as refrigerator or freezer
- Front mounted mechanical thermostat: Easy to use, adjustable variable temperature range.
- Garage Ready: Freezer can perform in temperatures from 0°F to 110°F (-17°C to 43°C).
- Energy Star Compliant: Energy efficient to help you save money without sacrificing performance
- 2 Storage Baskets: 2 moveable wire storage basket for smaller, frequently used items.
- Power-On and Freezer Indicator lights: let’s you know your unit is powered or in freezer mode
- 2 front Leveling Legs and 2 back rollers for easy movement.
- Manual defrost with front mount drain: Use the drain to conveniently remove water during defrosting. Includes a drain pan to collect the condensed water during defrosting
- 5 Year Parts & Labour in Home Warranty: Industry leading warranty for peace of mind.
Get the best of both worlds with this convertible chest freezer! Our convertible units make it easy to switch between a refrigerator and a freezer, depending on your needs. Whether you need extra fridge space for groceries or more freezer space for ice cream, this chest convertible has you covered. Plus, our easy-to-use conversion feature makes it a breeze to switch between modes.
- Product Width32.56"82.70 cm
- Product Depth21.88"55.58 cm
- Product Height34.13"86.69 cm
- Package Width33.38"84.79 cm
- Package Depth22.69"57.63 cm
- Package Height34.62"87.93 cm
- Product Weight60.94 lbs27.64 kg
- Package Weight68.48 lbs31.06 kg
5 years parts and labour coverage with In-Home service. Installation and/or Yearly Maintenance (cleaning) are not covered under warranty.
Information pertaining to watts and camps can be found on the rating plated located on the side of the unit.
We do not recommend using an extension cord.
Yes, please allow it to sit upright for 6 hours before plugging it in.
Please refer to the energy guide associated with your unit.
This is normal. If you feel like it is coming on too often, adjust your temperature setting.
Is it plugged in and turned on? Did you allow the unit to sit upright for 6 hours prior to plugging the unit in? If yes, to all of the above and it is still not cooling, please contact consumer care.
Doors can be reversed on the majority of Danby’s refrigerators. Door reversal instructions can be found in the owner’s manual. Video instructions can be found using this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13IJrUfP95M&t=15s https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqEZCI77ODU&t=29s https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErptZ5DJVUQ
Have you recently opened and then closed the freezer (over the last 1-5 minutes)? If so, being unable to open the unit again right away is an indication that your door seal is working well.
This varies based on unit and model. See your owner's manual for defrost type and instructions.
The temperature range varies based on model. Please consult your owner's manual or the product page on the website.
Garage ready means that the freezer is well insulated and equipped to handle temperature extremes in an enclosed garage. The garage must be enclosed so that the freezer is not subject to snow, rain and other environmental weather conditions not meant for an electrical appliance. The exterior temperature range that the garage ready freezers can operate within is 0F - 110F/-17C – 43C.
Danby’s refrigerators and freezers operate at a sound level between 35 and 46 decibels. This is within the normal decibel range for modern freezers.