Danby 12,000 BTU U-Shaped Window Air Conditioner
- 12,000 BTU’s cools space up to 550 square feet
- R32 Refrigerant: Environmentally friendly, R32’s GWP (Global Warming Potential) is 3x lower than R410a
- Inverter Compressor: Up to 35% energy savings with advanced DC inverter technology
- U-Shape Design: Provides flexibility of opening your window to allow fresh air into the room as desired
- Silencer Technology: Operates as low as 39dB. Unit is 9x quieter than traditional units.
- Energy Star® compliant
- Wireless Connect: Control the temperature in your space anytime, from anywhere
- Electronic controls with LED display and remote control
- Powerful 3 speed fan circulates the air
- Auto Restart: Unit automatically restarts after a power failure
- Sleep mode: Prevents the room from getting too cold while you sleep
- Energy Saver Switch: Cycles the fan on and off to reduce energy consumption
- Reusable, washable air filter
- Warranty: 24 months in-home
- Package Width22"55.88 cm
- Package Depth25"63.50 cm
- Package Height16"40.64 cm
- Product Weight58.86 lbs26.70 kg
- Package Weight70.77 lbs32.10 kg
24 months parts and labor coverage. Installation and/or yearly maintenance (cleaning) are not covered under warranty.
Information pertaining to watts and camps can be found on the rating plated located on the side of the unit.
We do not recommend using an extension cord.
Square feet is calculated by multiplying the length by the width. For example, a room that is 10 feet long by 25 feet wide is 250 square feet.
When automatic mode is selected, this automatically sets the appropriate option for your room based on the set temperature and the ambient temperature. For example, if it is 15°C outside, the unit would flip to fan mode if the set temperature was above 15. If it is set to 25°C the unit would revert to cooling mode. The unit would not revert to cooling mode unless the temperature outside was over 25.
Danby air conditioners are designed to cool a single room and not multiple rooms. Any walls or doors will interfere with the air flow.
The styrofoam that is inside the unit acts as insulation. Do not remove it. Only remove loose packaging.
Water is collected during the air conditioning process. This water will drain out of the unit and onto the ground and is why the unit should be installed on a slight downward tilt.
The sizes range from size 6-10 but varies based on model and screw location. Please consult your owner's manual for more details.
All Danby window air conditioners come complete with all required hardware for installation. Danby provides the installation guide in the manual as well as providing a video on our YouTube channel under the “How To” play list.
Danby window air conditioners have a sound rating from 39.5 decibels to 61 decibels. The exact decibel range is determined by the model of the unit and whether it is in fan, cooling or dry mode.