Designed for delightful owner support
Danby 10000 BTU Window Air ConditionerDAC10001 This product is no longer available.
Get ready for summer with this 10000 BTU capacity air conditioner.
- 10,000 BTU air conditioner cools approximately 215 sq. ft.
- Energy Star® compliant
- Energy Efficiency Rating (EER) of 10.8
- Environmentally friendly R410A refrigerant
- Energy Saver Switch: Cycles the fan on and off after the compressor shuts off
- Electronic controls with remote and LED display
- 4 way air direction
- Variable electronic temperature control 18°C - 30°C
- Auto on/off: Have the unit start or stop to meet your schedule
- Minimum window height required 15 8/16”
- Expandable window installation kit accommodates windows from 22 1/16” - 36” wide
Information pertaining to watts and camps can be found on the rating plated located on the side of the unit.
ISTA-6 packaging refers to the type of packaging used to reduce damage when shipping.
Danby air conditioners are designed to cool a room and not multiple rooms. Any walls or doors will interfere with the air flow.
Danby window air conditioners have a sound rating from 39.5 decibels to 61 decibels. The exact decibel range is determined by the model of the unit and whether it is in fan, cooling or dry mode.
All Danby window air conditioners come complete with all required hardware for installation. Danby provides the installation guide in the manual as well as providing a video on our YouTube channel under the “How To” play list.
When selected, this automatically sets the appropriate option for your room based on the ambient temperature. For example, if it is 15°C outside, the unit would flip to fan mode. If it is set to 30°C, the unit would revert back to cooling mode.
No, this is not recommended. Please bring your AC unit indoors during the winter months.
We do not recommend using an extension cord.
The sizes range from size 6-10 but varies based on model and screw location. Please consult your owner’s manual for more details.
The styrofoam that is inside the unit acts as insulation. Do not remove it. Only remove loose packaging.
Water is collected during the air conditioning process. This water will drain out of the unit and onto the ground and is why the unit should be installed on a slight downward tilt.
Please refer to the energy guide.