Under the general direction of the Director, MIS, the WordPress Developer is responsible for the articulation, delivery and support of business solutions leveraging web technologies. The scope includes Customer and Consumer-facing websites (such as danby.com). The position will also be responsible for the development, deployment and support of internal systems that are based on web technologies.
The role requires the ability to look for business opportunities, optimization and be able to prioritize enhancement requests. The WordPress Developer creates, modifies, and improves current marketing and supply chain business processes by researching and instituting software technologies. The position also creates ad hoc reports responding to requests for data and analyzes business procedures and problems to develop specifications.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for Danby websites and applications
- These include: Danby.com (WordPress), Silhouette.com (WordPress), DanbyACRentals.com (WordPress), DanbyApplianceParts.com (WordPress), Microfridge.com, dHub (Product Information Portal), Online sales (Shopify) and Outlet Store POS applications (Shopify)
- Migrate 3rd Party developed websites and applications from externally to internally supported
- Improvement of SEO and keyword google ranking
- Publishing responsibility for all websites
- Staying current with new web development trends and tools
- Creation of new web pages, microsites and applications
- Analyzes, qualifies, and determines relevance of problems
- Creates, modifies and troubleshoots reports using Microsoft Excel
- Performs training and compiles SOP training manuals for internally used web solutions
- Investigate and analyze problems and business processes and requirements, including impact analysis of change on all systems and business areas, for projects up to high complexity in order to recommend appropriate solutions
Education & Skills:
- A college or university degree in Website Management and Design, or equivalent
- Experience with WordPress, PHP, API writing/development, database management (SQL, MySQL), Amazon AWS and knowledge in SEO is preferred
- Project Management experience and certification (PMP or PRINCE2) an asset
- Must be able to demonstrate strong skills in the areas of troubleshooting web applications, serviced software, customer service, communicating with all levels of staff and managing multiple projects and deadlines
- Must also demonstrate ability to work as part of a team and provide off-hour support when needed
- Exposure and knowledge of Shopify is considered an asset
The WordPress Developer works in an office setting. The individual spends most of his/her time in a seated position. Data entry is required of the individual on a regular basis. Travel to the U.S. may be required.
Danby is a proudly Canadian company with a rich history spanning over 65 years. We are currently a leader in the appliance market, producing innovative, quality products at competitive pricing. Our products are marketed under seven brand names: Danby®, Danby Designer®, Danby Diplomat®, Danby Premiere®, Simplicity®, Arcticaire®, and Silhouette®, as well as some private brands for major retail stores.
Danby’s goal of being the largest compact and specialty appliance company in North America is already being realized. Our strong leadership, creativity and innovation provide us with the tools to ensure future growth for many years to come.
At Danby, it’s not just a job, it’s a career.
Here are some of the reasons why being employed with Danby may be your best career move:
- You will have a job where you can be part of change and really make an impact!
- You will have the ability to work with great people who are passionate about our industry.
- You will work for an established company that actually believes in its values and does their best to live them out!
Danby is an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. Accommodations are available upon request in all aspects of the recruitment process. Please check out our careers website to see what opportunities might interest you at, www.danby.com/careers.