Under general direction of the North America Operations Manager, the Warehouse Manager is responsible for overseeing all aspects of product distribution and retail activity for Danby’s Alabama Warehouse. The Warehouse Manager negotiates and manages container drayage, transportation, retail and warehouse equipment in accordance with budget expectations. This position is also responsible for managing the performance of approximately 12 staff members.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the company’s attainment of volume, revenue and profit targets with emphasis on building a strong reputation through superior customer service
- Collaborate with the Operations Manager & Vice President Operations to develop short and long term strategic plans, including the preparation of annual business plans and budgets
- Provide strong leadership by promoting the mission and values of the organization both internally and externally
- Manage and supervise direct reports, overseeing the movement of finished products and materials in and out of facility
- Review financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data
- Establish and implement departmental policies, goals, objectives and procedures
- Oversee the interview, hiring and training of new employees
- Monitor third party business and suppliers to ensure that they are efficiently and effectively providing the needed services
- Develop and present plans for capital projects including warehousing, storage facilities, equipment and potential acquisitions.
- Responsible for special projects completion as assigned by Senior Management.
- Bachelor’s Degree or College diploma in Business, Logistics or Material Management related field, or an appropriate combination of education and practical experience
- 5 years’ of direct work experience in a senior management capacity
- Working experience in the Commercial Appliance industry preferred.
- Minimum 10 years’ working experience in warehousing/distribution with a North American focus
- Excellent organizational, strategic, planning and implementing skills.
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis
- Excellent communication skills, writing, speaking and presenting
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with key business partners, and customers
- Proven team management and leadership skills to achieve top performance
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software
Travel within divisions and 3PL warehouse locations on a frequent basis will be required.
Danby is a proudly Canadian company with a rich history spanning over 70 years. We are currently a leader in the appliance market, producing innovative, quality products at competitive pricing. Our products are marketed under seven brand names: Danby®, Danby Designer®, Danby Diplomat®, Danby Premiere®, Simplicity®, Arcticaire®, and Silhouette®, as well as some private brands for major retail stores.
Danby’s goal of being the largest compact and specialty appliance company in North America is already being realized. Our strong leadership, creativity and innovation provide us with the tools to ensure future growth for many years to come.
At Danby, it’s not just a job, it’s a career.
Here are some of the reasons why being employed with Danby may be your best career move:
- You will have a job where you can be part of change and really make an impact!
- You will have the ability to work with great people who are passionate about our industry.
- You will work for an established company that actually believes in its values and does their best to live them out!
Danby Products Inc. and Intirion Corporation are EO employers – M/F/Veteran/Disability