The Warehouse Manager is responsible for the direct management of all warehousing and reverse logistics functions at Danby Products Inc. This includes accountability for inbound and outbound freight, as well as adherence to legislative, safety, and organizational policies and procedures. This position is also responsible for managing the performance of all warehouse employees at our Findlay, Ohio location.
What’s in it for you?
- Full time, permanent position
- Single Day shift, 40 hours per week
- 13 paid holidays per year
- 3 weeks of PTO time
- Eligible for medical, dental and vision benefits after a maximum of 90 days
- 401(k) plan available
- An outstanding culture where you are part of the Danby family!
- The opportunity to grow your career
- Discounts on Danby products
- Monitor product being received and shipped to ensure that all shipments are being processed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Schedules the work flow in the Shipping & Receiving area and ensures all orders are shipped to customers in adherence to delivery schedules.
- Support the company’s attainment of volume, revenue and profit targets with emphasis on building a strong reputation through superior customer service
- Provide strong leadership by promoting the mission and values of the organization both internally and externally, as well as oversee the adherence to values and mission by direct reports.
- Manage monthly, quarterly and annual budgets, policies and programs for all distribution and warehousing activities within the facility.
- Ensure inventory accuracy through cycle counting system.
- Provide support to direct reports; by communicating expectations/plans, coaching their performance, providing opportunities to develop skills and holding them accountable
- Ensure that all employees are following health and safety policies and procedures.
- Generate KPI metric reports detailing performance of the warehousing facility expenses versus budget.
- Review monthly performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
- Ensure company departmental policies, goals, objectives and procedures are implemented and maintained.
- Determine staffing requirements and oversee the interview, hiring and training of new employees.
- Monitor warehouse suppliers to ensure that they are efficiently and effectively providing the needed services and supplies while staying within budgetary limits.
- Bachelor’s Degree or College diploma in Business, Logistics or Material Management related field, or an appropriate combination of education and practical experience.
- 5 years of direct work experience in a high paced warehouse environment
- Working experience in a warehouse that utilizes clamp truck material handling equipment is preferred.
- Minimum 10 years’ working experience in warehousing/distribution with a North American focus.
- Possess the following personal qualities: integrity, creativity, high standards, commitment, ethical values, and achievement oriented.
- Excellent organizational, strategic, planning and implementing skills.
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts.
- Excellent communication skills, writing, speaking and presenting.
- Proven team management and leadership skills to achieve top performance.
- Able to create realistic schedules and meet deadlines under stress and interruptions.
- Understanding of financial reports including budgetary guidelines and project expenditures.
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Netsuite Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software Travel within divisions and 3PL warehouse locations on an occasional basis will be required.
Danby is a proudly Canadian company with a rich history spanning over 70 years. We are currently a leader in the appliance market, producing innovative, quality products at competitive pricing. Our products are marketed under seven brand names: Danby®, Danby Designer®, Danby Diplomat®, Danby Premiere®, Simplicity®, Arcticaire®, and Silhouette®, as well as some private brands for major retail stores.
Danby’s goal of being the largest compact and specialty appliance company in North America is already being realized. Our strong leadership, creativity and innovation provide us with the tools to ensure future growth for many years to come.
At Danby, it’s not just a job, it’s a career.
Here are some of the reasons why being employed with Danby may be your best career move:
- You will have a job where you can be part of change and really make an impact!
- You will have the ability to work with great people who are passionate about our industry.
- You will work for an established company that actually believes in its values and does their best to live them out!
Danby Products Inc. and Intirion Corporation are EO employers – M/F/Veteran/Disability