Vice President Operations,
Are you someone who thinks outside of the shipping container? Do you enjoy getting things done in a challenging and constantly changing landscape? Not to mention discounts on all Danby products!
Reporting directly to entrepreneurial, unconventional, growth minded CEO – Jim Estill, the Vice President Operations oversees all warehousing, engineering, quality programs, North American manufacturing operations, reverse logistics, and distribution processes. The company has a 70 year history and has seen tremendous opportunity for growth. The team has grown 30% in the last 2 years alone.
Operations Team at a glance:
- 125 Employees
- 8 Warehouses
- 9,000 Shipping containers /yr.
- 3,000,000 units /yr.
- 1500 shipments /day
Danby will support you by offering professional development, a knowledgeable, skilled and experienced team and a pragmatic leader to constantly challenge you.
- Collaborate with Sales and Procurement to enable scale, increase speed, minimize costs, and maximize profit
- Lead the operations team in evolving to meet dotcom business needs
- Increase reverse logistics cost recovery
- Negotiate and manage vendor costs
- Lead & manage quality targets
- Lead & support the product development function
- College or University degree in Business Administration and/or 10 years direct experience in company operations with 3 years in upper management
- Strong business skills related to leading teams, negotiating, interpreting metrics, critical thinking skills and communicating to all levels of employees
- Strong project management skills
- High levels of motivation and a “make it happen” personality
- Strong analytic and problem solving ability
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
It will be a bonus if you have:
- Six Sigma certification or Kaizen training
- Experience in the appliance industry
Danby is a proudly Canadian company with a rich history spanning over 65 years. We are currently a leader in the appliance market, producing innovative, quality products at competitive pricing. Our products are marketed under seven brand names: Danby®, Danby Designer®, Danby Diplomat®, Danby Premiere®, Simplicity®, Arcticaire®, and Silhouette®, as well as some private brands for major retail stores.
Danby’s goal of being the largest compact and specialty appliance company in North America is already being realized. Our strong leadership, creativity and innovation provide us with the tools to ensure future growth for many years to come.
At Danby, it’s not just a job, it’s a career.
Here are some of the reasons why being employed with Danby may be your best career move:
- You will have a job where you can be part of change and really make an impact!
- You will have the ability to work with great people who are passionate about our industry.
- You will work for an established company that actually believes in its values and does their best to live them out!
Danby is an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. Accommodations are available upon request in all aspects of the recruitment process. Please check out our careers website to see what opportunities might interest you at, www.danby.com/careers.