Supply Chain Planner,
Under the general direction of the Purchasing Manager, the Supply Chain Planner is responsible for managing sourced product flow in order to satisfy forecast demand while maximizing inventory velocity performance. Effective communication with vendor partners will ensure adequate pipeline inventory across multiple warehouse locations in North America. This position works closely with the sales management team to maintain forecasts and satisfy customer demand in a timely and efficient manner.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Issues, Expedites and Maintains purchase orders
- Maintains the appropriate inventory levels through purchase planning software and tools (DRP – Distribution Requirements Planning)
- Reviews all assigned SKU’s monthly for PO releases bi-weekly
- Accurately project future demand to create planned receipts through the use of sales data, forecast models and sales management/ customer forecast knowledge
- Tracks and reviews trends and information in order to execute changes, cancellations and expediting in a timely fashion.
- Works closely with the Logistics Coordinator role to direct shipments to the proper destinations in an efficient manner.
Maintains Sales Forecasts
- Utilizes and maintains via forecasting software, all sales forecasts by product, customer, and customer group which drive future demand.
- Reviews demand trends
- Performs monthly reviews (at minimum) of all customer forecasts (groups or individuals)
Inventory Metrics Review
- Weekly & Monthly review of key inventory performance metrics to assure minimums and goals are achieved
Vendor Forecast Management
- Issues 6 month rolling forecasts to all vendors on a monthly basis
- Manages vendor communications related to forecasts and orders
Performs Shipment Plan Review
- Reviews upcoming (weekly) shipment plans at the factory level.
- Responsible for running planned shipment reports (open PO’s) to review for possible changes when loading plans are not provided by the vendor
Reports inventory level status
- Performs a monthly review and issues a report to Admin Management and Sales Management of Slow Mover inventory by warehouse location.
- Issues Inventory Status Reports that allow for PO expediting, PO pushes to result in better flow of goods.
Work Order Processing
- Create work orders as required for models setup up as manufactured items or kits
Responsible for Spare Parts Purchasing
- Enters and adjusts all part numbers in Apprise system in coordination with other Supply Chain Planners
- Coordinates with parts suppliers with regards to pricing estimated time of arrival and shipping inquiries / discrepancies and communicates relevant information to the parts and consumer help desk
- Organizes, maintains and updates files and data for each part supplier including contact information, parts on order, parts received and outstanding invoices
- Produces and updates all parts purchase orders
- Prepares all new parts purchase orders
- Produces weekly open order reports for parts
- Fields requests from parts desk concerning inventory levels and ETA’s for incoming parts
Knowledge & Education:
- Completion of a 2-3 year college diploma program in Supply Chain Management with 3 years’ work experience in the supply chain management field.
- A strong understanding of international logistical requirements and process as well as general inventory control principles.
- Effective negotiation skills and understanding of vendor relations including quotation and ordering process
- Thorough knowledge of MS Word and Excel including experience with ERP/MRP/DRP software.
- Ability to communicate in a clear and effective manner, both verbally and in written correspondence.
- Excellent time and project management skills.
- Ability to build and maintain lasting relationships with departments and key business partners.
- Excellent attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Ability to remain assertive and self motivated to complete tasks.
Danby is a proudly Canadian company with a rich history spanning 70 years. We are currently a leader in the appliance market, producing innovative, quality products at competitive pricing. Our products are marketed under seven brand names: Danby®, Danby Designer®, Danby Diplomat®, Danby Premiere®, Simplicity®, Arcticaire®, and Silhouette®, as well as some private brands for major retail stores.
Danby’s goal of being the largest compact and specialty appliance company in North America is already being realized. Our strong leadership, creativity and innovation provide us with the tools to ensure future growth for many years to come.
At Danby, it’s not just a job, it’s a career.
Here are some of the reasons why being employed with Danby may be your best career move:
- You will have a job where you can be part of change and really make an impact!
- You will have the ability to work with great people who are passionate about our industry.
- You will work for an established company that actually believes in its values and does their best to live them out!
Danby is an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. Accommodations are available upon request in all aspects of the recruitment process. Please check out our careers website to see what opportunities might interest you at, www.danby.com/careers.