Supply Chain Manager,
Under the general direction of the VP Operations, the Supply Chain Manager is responsible for establishing and managing processes that ensure alignment between supplier’s capabilities, as it relates to products/services and the company’s needs and requirements as well as alignment with other strategic initiatives.
They will be responsible for sourcing, analyzing and reviewing contracts, managing supplier onboarding, and managing and monitoring contracts. In addition, the Supply Chain Manager will conduct operational analysis of the distribution functions to ensure efficiency and effective coordination in operations.
RFQ and RFP Management
- Develop and execute strategies to secure product and services of exceptional quality and cost
- Be hands-on in the RFQ process from beginning to end including tracking all documents, artifacts and timelines
Supplier Sourcing & Onboarding
- In collaboration with Engineering, facilitate the process of identifying sources of supply for our products and related services
- Manage efforts to design the future state sourcing and contract/supplier management business requirements and procedures (i.e., acquisition planning, supplier RFQ/RFP, contract award and contract/supplier administration processes).
- Draft and distribute technical bid invitations or requests for proposal, receive and analyze quotes, bids, and proposals.
- Analyze incoming proposals for assigned products and related services, and monitor and analyze the competitiveness of data as measured against comparable market data.
- Negotiate with supplier/suppliers for products and related services that achieve agreeable pricing, delivery schedule, payment terms and discounts; award contracts, and prepare final contract information for publication and distribution. Execute contracts with suppliers/suppliers.
- Work with business units to ensure the proper creation of purchase requisitions that will ultimately be tied to issued contract terms.
- In collaboration with the project team, manage supplier selection and onboarding process.
- Manage competitive bidding process
Cost & Commodity Management
- Manage product cost inputs, commodity analysis, cost reduction opportunities for our products and related services
- Drive process excellence throughout the supply chain to enhance flexibility, reduce costs and leverage efficiencies.
- Establish and contribute with implementation of supply chain best practices.
Performance Improvement and Project Leadership
- Identify and lead performance improvement initiatives with critical suppliers, focused on creating opportunities for innovation and continuous improvement
- Analyze global material acquisition and develop strategic plans for maximizing efficiencies
Scorecard & KPI Management
- Build and monitor Supply Chain performance through key performance indicators.
- Strong analytics to support rapid business growth and industry leading competencies in supply chain.
- Manage weekly and monthly KPI’s related to the operation.
- Identify opportunities to improve KPI and data management and reporting
Supplier Contract Management
- Manage key expenditures in product
- Audit contract terms to assure services rendered are meeting and exceeding contract parameters.
- Manage the program to assess the risk of key suppliers (new and existing), ensuring that appropriate risks and mitigation plans are documented and followed.
- Manage due diligence testing protocols that are intended to mitigate the inherent risks.
- Manage a comprehensive, contract compliance review and close out schedule and communicate timely and meaningful results to appropriate stakeholders
- General Contracting and Procurement law and processes, policies, governance and compliance mechanisms within the regulated framework.
- Detailed knowledge of the end-to-end contracting process; including, but not limited to: Contract/Supplier management business requirements and procedures (acquisition planning; managing supplier RFQ/RFP processes; Contract award and Contract/Supplier administration activities and functions.
- Performance management.
- Thinking critically and structuring analysis to solve poorly defined problems.
- Working in cross functional teams with multiple sourcing requirements at one time.
- Presenting recommendations in a concise manner for sourcing decisions.
- Identifying trends and the ability to implement and monitor appropriate corrective action plans.
- Negotiations and contract execution.
- Supply Chain Management Diploma or Bachelors in business or other related degree, or PMAC certification with 5 years’ experience, is required.
- Advanced skills and proficiency using general office software (Microsoft Office suite).
Danby is a proudly Canadian company with a rich history spanning 70 years. We are currently a leader in the appliance market, producing innovative, quality products at competitive pricing.
Our products are marketed under seven brand names: Danby®, Danby Designer®, Danby Diplomat®, Danby Premiere®, Simplicity®, Arcticaire®, and Silhouette®, as well as some private brands for major retail stores.
At Danby, it’s not just a job, it’s a career.
Here are some of the reasons why being employed with Danby may be your best career move:
- You will have a job where you can be part of change and really make an impact!
- You will have the ability to work with great people who are passionate about our industry.
- You will work for an established company that actually believes in its values and does their best to live them out!
Danby is an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. Accommodations are available upon request in all aspects of the recruitment process. Please check out our careers website to see what opportunities might interest you at, www.danby.com/careers.