Supply Chain Manager, Guelph, ON
Under the general direction of the Director of Purchasing, the Supply Chain Manager is responsible for ensuring efficient replenishment of goods throughout Canadian and US operations while utilizing analytics and reporting to guarantee the effective use of inventory. Managing acquisition cost and related COGS inputs for building total cost of acquisition within the organization will be critical to the success of the role. This position provides supervision, direction and training to the Supply Chain roles within the department in order to maintain strict adherence to the replenishment goals set for the department. Supplier management tools including demand management, capacity management and delivery performance management are utilized to assure predictable and effective replenishment across our North American warehouse locations. Exceptional communication with supplier partners and the dissemination of information to related parties will be paramount to the successful applicant!
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervision of Supply Chain Planners & Supply Chain Analysts
- Creates, maintains and provides training on operating standards and procedure
- Ensures adherence to established corporate purchasing policies and procedures
- Inventory & Supplier Performance Metrics (All Divisions and Companies)
- Forecast Management
- Distribution Resource Planning (DRP)
- Cost Acquisition & Management
Knowledge & Education Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or a college 3 year diploma program in Supply Chain Management or Logistics is required along with 5 years work experience in a related field at a supervisory level
- Must be able to demonstrate strong business skills related to, understanding of international logistical processes and inventory control best practices, problem-solving, analyzing data and creating reports and project management
- Excellent communication skills, impeccable attention to detail and be ability to to build and maintain lasting relationships with key corporate business partners
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite is required for this position including experience with ERP/MRP/DRP replenishment software systems
This role works in an office setting. The individual spends most of his/her time in a seated position with regular use of a telephone. Regular computer data entry is required of this role throughout the day.
Danby is a proudly Canadian company with a rich history spanning over 65 years. We are currently a leader in the appliance market, producing innovative, quality products at competitive pricing. Our products are marketed under seven brand names: Danby®, Danby Designer®, Danby Diplomat®, Danby Premiere®, Simplicity®, Arcticaire®, and Silhouette®, as well as some private brands for major retail stores.
Danby’s goal of being the largest compact and specialty appliance company in North America is already being realized. Our strong leadership, creativity and innovation provide us with the tools to ensure future growth for many years to come.
At Danby, it’s not just a job, it’s a career.
Here are some of the reasons why being employed with Danby may be your best career move:
- You will have a job where you can be part of change and really make an impact!
- You will have the ability to work with great people who are passionate about our industry.
- You will work for an established company that actually believes in its values and does their best to live them out!