Senior Graphic Designer,
Are you a creative thinker? Do you love creative freedom? If so, we want to hear from you! Reporting directly to the Marketing Manager, you are an innovative, personable, and hardworking artiste ready to join a fun and close-knit marketing team. You will play a pivotal role representing our brand messaging through creative and visual means. You are excited about taking brand strategies from ideas into head turning creative works of art!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Design content that engages and inspires our customers/consumers while adhering to company brand guidelines ie. Advertising, sell sheets, product packaging etc.
- Maintaining the graphic design library
- Interact with other departments, as well as outside vendors/retailers to ensure timely, cost effective production of all materials
- Provide graphic design support for projects with production status including packaging layout alterations, photography manipulation, and resizing existing creative
- Keep on top of industry trends and look for ways to elevate the brand and your projects
- Design a variety of collateral including but not limited to social media, website, flyers, signage, brochures, print ads, etc…
- Other duties may be assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required:
- Strong computer skills in a Mac environment
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe CC Suite: with focus on Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and Acrobat
- Experienced in Microsoft Office ie. MS word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
- Principles of photography, retouching and color correcting images for print and web
- Razor sharp attention to detail and comfortable in a deadline driven department
- Works well in a fast-paced environment, is well-organized and thrives in a high-volume, deadline-oriented place: time-management and multitasking skills required
- A College diploma in Graphic Design
- 5+ years of Graphic Design experience in both print and digital formats
- Able to think and design creatively with little direction
- Experience with HTML, CSS and JS an asset
- Experience in packaging layout and design creation
- Experience designing marketing collateral and managing projects from concept to completion
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio
Please include a link to your digital portfolio in your cover letter/resume
Danby is a proudly Canadian company with a rich history spanning over 70 years. We are currently a leader in the appliance market, producing innovative, quality products at competitive pricing. Our products are marketed under seven brand names: Danby®, Danby Designer®, Danby Diplomat®, Danby Premiere®, Simplicity®, Arcticaire®, and Silhouette®, as well as some private brands for major retail stores.
Danby’s goal of being the largest compact and specialty appliance company in North America is already being realized. Our strong leadership, creativity and innovation provide us with the tools to ensure future growth for many years to come.
At Danby, it’s not just a job, it’s a career.
Here are some of the reasons why being employed with Danby may be your best career move:
- You will have a job where you can be part of change and really make an impact!
- You will have the ability to work with great people who are passionate about our industry.
- You will work for an established company that actually believes in its values and does their best to live them out!
Danby is an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. Accommodations are available upon request in all aspects of the recruitment process. Please check out our careers website to see what opportunities might interest you at, www.danby.com/careers.