Under the general direction of the Retail Manager, the Retail Lead is responsible for physical and financial resources of the front store and ensuring that store objectives are achieved. They will be charged with, maintaining inventory integrity through creating and receiving transfers, as well as through the invoicing process. They will also be responsible for ensuring established merchandising practices are followed. They also understand their role as company ambassador and provide positive professional experiences to all visitors and customers.
What’s in it for You?
- Full time permanent position
- Day shift, Monday to Friday, 9:30 am – 7 pm and Saturday 9:30 am – 3 pm
- Eligible for medical, dental and vision benefits after a maximum of 90 days
- Competitive pension plan available
- Opportunity for advancement and career development including tuition reimbursement
- Employee discounts and wellness programs
- Provide an exceptional customer experience
- As a front-line employee, present a positive and professional image of the organization to all visitors, team members, and other interactions
- Be accountable for the stores financial objectives
- Maintain merchandising and operational standards within the retail store
- Be responsible for tracking, updating, managing and selling store inventory
- Operate the point of sale for customers wishing to purchase merchandise
- Ensure that the appropriate evacuation procedures are carried out in the event of an emergency
- Post-secondary education
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in a retail capacity with leadership experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong time management, prioritization, leadership and communication skills
- Appliance experience is an asset
- Experience with both open and close SOP’s
The Retail Lead works in a retail setting. This individual spends most of their time in a standing position. Data entry is required on a daily basis. Some lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling of heavy product weighing 50lbs may be required.
Danby is a proudly Canadian company with a rich history spanning 70 years. We are currently a leader in the appliance market, producing innovative, quality products at competitive pricing. Our products are marketed under seven brand names: Danby®, Danby Designer®, Danby Diplomat®, Danby Premiere®, Simplicity®, Arcticaire®, and Silhouette®, as well as some private brands for major retail stores.
Danby’s goal of being the largest compact and specialty appliance company in North America is already being realized. Our strong leadership, creativity and innovation provide us with the tools to ensure future growth for many years to come.
At Danby, it’s not just a job, it’s a career.
Here are some of the reasons why being employed with Danby may be your best career move:
- You will have a job where you can be part of change and really make an impact!
- You will have the ability to work with great people who are passionate about our industry.
- You will work for an established company that actually believes in its values and does their best to live them out!
Danby is an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. Accommodations are available upon request in all aspects of the recruitment process. Please check out our careers website to see what opportunities might interest you at, www.danby.com/careers.