Summer Retail Associate (Part Time),
Are you interested in feature-rich consumer electronics and appliances? Do you enjoy working in a fast paced, retail environment? Do you get instant gratification from connecting people with great products?
This is not your typical Summer Retail role…we are looking for a customer service ALL-STAR who has passion and drive to sell Danby products! If this is you, don’t delay apply NOW!
What’s in it for You?
- 25 hrs./week, Monday – Saturday
- Sweet employee discounts on Danby products!
- An environment passionate about growth & learning
- A chance to work with an experienced team of customer focused people
- BBQ’s, potlucks, and lots of other events led by our Social Committee!
- Provide friendly and timely service to all customers, visitors and team members
- Operate the POS system; processing sales, returns, exchanges, etc.
- Be responsible and accountable for the stores financial objectives
- Maintain merchandising and operational standards within the store
- Be responsible for tracking, updating, managing and selling store inventory
- Maintain awareness of product knowledge and current promotions
- Increase brand awareness of our store/products to the general public through various marketing & advertising channels
- Follow company policies and loss prevention procedures
- Working towards completion of Post-secondary education
- 1-2 years of experience working in retail
- Ability to work independently and take ownership over the operations of the store
- Ability to stay up on retail and marketing trends in the industry
- Ability to lift, push, pull and move product up to 50 lbs.
- Strong time management, prioritization, leadership and communication skills
Bonus if you have!
- Experience selling appliances
- Bilingual English and French
Danby is a proudly Canadian company with a rich history spanning over 70 years. We are currently a leader in the appliance market, producing innovative, quality products at competitive pricing. Our products are marketed under seven brand names: Danby®, Danby Designer®, Danby Diplomat®, Danby Premiere®, Simplicity®, Arcticaire®, and Silhouette®, as well as some private brands for major retail stores.
Danby’s goal of being the largest compact and specialty appliance company in North America is already being realized. Our strong leadership, creativity and innovation provide us with the tools to ensure future growth for many years to come.
At Danby, it’s not just a job, it’s a career.
Here are some of the reasons why being employed with Danby may be your best career move:
- You will have a job where you can be part of change and really make an impact!
- You will have the ability to work with great people who are passionate about our industry.
- You will work for an established company that actually believes in its values and does their best to live them out!
Danby is an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. Accommodations are available upon request in all aspects of the recruitment process. Please check out our careers website to see what opportunities might interest you at, www.danby.com/careers