Retail Associate – Part Time,
Under the direction of the Retail Manager, the Part Time Retail Associate is responsible for physical and financial resources of the front store and ensuring that store objectives are achieved. They will be charged with, ensuring the inventory counts are done and that established merchandising practices are followed. They also understand their role as company ambassador!
- Part time permanent position (~14 hours per week)
- Day shift, Monday to Friday, 7:30am – 4:30 pm and Saturday 9:30 am – 3 pm (and vacation coverage)
- Employee discounts
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide an exceptional customer experience
- Present a positive and professional image of the organization to all visitors, team members, and other interactions
- Be accountable for financial objectives
- Maintain merchandising and operational standards within the retail store
- Responsible for tracking, updating, managing and selling store inventory
- Operates the point of sale for customers wishing to purchase merchandise
- Post-secondary education
- 2 years of relevant experience in a retail position
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong time management, prioritization, leadership and communication skills
- Appliance experience is an asset
- Experience with both open and close SOPs
The Retail Associate works in a retail setting. This individual spends most of their time in a standing position. Data entry is required on a daily basis. Some lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling of heavy product weighing 50lbs is required.
Danby is a proudly Canadian company with a rich history spanning 70 years. We are currently a leader in the appliance market, producing innovative, quality products at competitive pricing. Our products are marketed under seven brand names: Danby®, Danby Designer®, Danby Diplomat®, Danby Premiere®, Simplicity®, Arcticaire®, and Silhouette®, as well as some private brands for major retail stores.
Danby’s goal of being the largest compact and specialty appliance company in North America is already being realized. Our strong leadership, creativity and innovation provide us with the tools to ensure future growth for many years to come.
At Danby, it’s not just a job, it’s a career.
Here are some of the reasons why being employed with Danby may be your best career move:
- You will have a job where you can be part of change and really make an impact! You will have the ability to work with great people who are passionate about our industry.
- You will work for an established company that actually believes in its values and does their best to live them out!
Danby is an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. Accommodations are available upon request in all aspects of the recruitment process. Please check out our careers website to see what opportunities might interest you at, www.danby.com/careers.