Retail Associate – Summer Student,
Under the general direction of the Retail Manager, the Retail Associate – Summer Student is responsible for physical and financial resources of the front store and ensuring that store objectives are achieved. They will be charged with, ensuring the inventory counts are done and that established merchandising practices are followed. They also understand their role as company ambassador and provide positive professional experiences to all visitors and customers.
What’s in it for You?
- Full – time, Summer opportunity
- Day shift, Monday to Friday, 9:30am – 5:30 pm and Saturday 9:30 am – 3:00 pm
- An outstanding culture where you are part of the Danby family!
- Discounts on Danby products
- Provide an exceptional customer experience
- As a front-line employee, present a positive and professional image of the organization to all visitors, team members, and other interactions
- Be accountable for the stores financial objectives
- Maintain merchandising and operational standards within the retail store
- Responsible for tracking, updating, managing and selling store inventory
- Operates the point of sale for customers wishing to purchase merchandise
- Ensures that the appropriate evacuation procedures are carried out in the event of an emergency
- 2 years of relevant experience in a retail position
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong time management, prioritization, leadership and communication skills
- Appliance experience is an asset
- Experience with both open and close SOPs
The Retail Associate – Summer Student works in a retail setting. This individual spends most of their time in a standing position. Data entry is required on a daily basis. Some lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling of heavy product weighing 50lbs. may be required.
Danby is a proudly Canadian company with a rich history spanning 70 years. We are currently a leader in the appliance market, producing innovative, quality products at competitive pricing. Our products are marketed under seven brand names: Danby®, Danby Designer®, Danby Diplomat®, Danby Premiere®, Simplicity®, Arcticaire®, and Silhouette®, as well as some private brands for major retail stores.
Danby’s goal of being the largest compact and specialty appliance company in North America is already being realized. Our strong leadership, creativity and innovation provide us with the tools to ensure future growth for many years to come.
At Danby, it’s not just a job, it’s a career.
Here are some of the reasons why being employed with Danby may be your best career move:
- You will have a job where you can be part of change and really make an impact!
- You will have the ability to work with great people who are passionate about our industry.
- You will work for an established company that actually believes in its values and does their best to live them out!
Danby is an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. Accommodations are available upon request in all aspects of the recruitment process. Please check out our careers website to see what opportunities might interest you at, www.danby.com/careers.
Danby Products Inc. and Intirion Corporation are EO employers – M/F/Veteran/Disability