Refugee Program Administrator,
We have an opening for an energetic, administrative professional to join us in the role of Refugee Program Administrator. Danby is the first corporation in Canada to be approved as a Sponsorship Agreement Holder! We have a sponsor family and we work with other groups and volunteers to focus on sponsorship and resettlement of newcomers. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting families with government forms and compliance. There will also be some home visits and driving required as well as irregular hours. There is a lot of work to do!
What you’ll do:
- Informing potential sponsors how program works
- Assisting co-sponsors in completion sponsorship application forms and submission to IRCC
- Data entry
- Tracking and recording of settlement tasks
- Tracking and recording of payments from co-sponsors
- Tracking and recording of payments to refugees
- Occasional home visits
- Providing cosponsors with information on local resources for new Canadians
- Maintain communications with cosponsors and new Canadians
- Maintaining waitlists for new sponsorship spaces
What we’re looking for:
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Experience with applications and detailed paperwork
- Advanced written and oral communication skills, with the ability to communicate
- Excellent listening, observing, and questioning skills
- Excellent critical thinking, decision making, time management and collaboration skills
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships
- Ability to drive
Danby is a proudly Canadian company with a rich history spanning over 70 years. We are currently a leader in the appliance market, producing innovative, quality products at competitive pricing. Our products are marketed under seven brand names: Danby®, Danby Designer®, Danby Diplomat®, Danby Premiere®, Simplicity®, Arcticaire®, and Silhouette®, as well as some private brands for major retail stores.
Danby’s goal of being the largest compact and specialty appliance company in North America is already being realized. Our strong leadership, creativity and innovation provide us with the tools to ensure future growth for many years to come.
Danby is an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. Accommodations are available upon request in all aspects of the recruitment process. Please check out our careers website to see what opportunities might interest you at, www.danby.com/careers.