Quality Assurance Specialist,
Under the direction of the Quality Assurance Manager, the Quality Assurance Specialist will be responsible for overseeing quality events, data analysis/reporting and supporting our Quality Management System.
This role will be tasked with owning and improving our Non-Conformance Reporting (NCR) process which will include, initiating NCRs, coordinating and reporting on the status of corrective actions, and assessing the effectiveness of corrective actions. This role will also be responsible for overseeing any quality related inspection/rework and quarantine activities.
The incumbent will facilitate cross functional quality meetings, assign and document actions and communicate across various levels of the organization to close the loop on quality events. The Quality Assurance Specialist will analyze return data, create reports and identify trends.
In addition, this role will support the implementation and continual improvement of our Quality Management System.
What’s in it for You?
- 40 hours a week, working with a resourceful, talented and experienced team
- Opportunity to build on your Quality knowledge and skills
- Employee discounts on Danby products and over 2,000 vendors across Canada through our WorkPerks program
- An outstanding culture where you are part of the Danby family!
- Discounts on Danby products
Oversee the Non Conformance process including:
- Issue, document, follow up and close NCRs
- Plan and execute actions to address quality and safety events in a timely manner
- Review root cause and corrective actions to reduce the probability of reoccurrence
- Chair monthly meetings with internal stakeholders on NCR status
- Provide continuous improvement through NCRs to improve cost of returns
- Coordinate quality inspection/rework activities across various sites
Quality Management System:
- Support in the updating and managing of our QMS
- Create and document business process flow diagrams
- Document and maintain quality logs, investigation reports and schedules
- Generating Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), and Work Instruction’s (WI’s)
- Auditing of suppliers, factories, and products
Analysis of Data:
- Collect and review internal data (customer calls, ERP and service data) and report on findings, trends and provide recommendation
- Ability to generate daily, weekly and month quality reports (service call rates, return failure rates)
- Strong emphasis on data reporting including pivot tables
- Assist with generating Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) of new products and implementing quality control plans
- College diploma and/or quality certification
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a Quality role
- Trained on Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Actions
- Can demonstrate documenting cross functional process flows
- Experience in coordinating and training internal stakeholders
- Ability to resolve product quality and or process related issues
- Ability to manipulate and analyze large amounts of data
- Able to prioritize tasks and work independently
- High-level Excel skills are required in this role
The Quality Assurance Specialist works in an office setting and warehouse and manufacturing environment. Data entry is required on a daily basis. Occasional travel is required of the individual in this position.
Danby is a proudly Canadian company with a rich history spanning 70 years. We are currently a leader in the appliance market, producing innovative, quality products at competitive pricing. Our products are marketed under seven brand names: Danby®, Danby Designer®, Danby Diplomat®, Danby Premiere®, Simplicity®, Arcticaire®, and Silhouette®, as well as some private brands for major retail stores.
Danby’s goal of being the largest compact and specialty appliance company in North America is already being realized. Our strong leadership, creativity and innovation provide us with the tools to ensure future growth for many years to come.
At Danby, it’s not just a job, it’s a career.
Here are some of the reasons why being employed with Danby may be your best career move:
- You will have a job where you can be part of change and really make an impact!
- You will have the ability to work with great people who are passionate about our industry.
- You will work for an established company that actually believes in its values and does their best to live them out!
Danby is an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. Accommodations are available upon request in all aspects of the recruitment process. Please check out our careers website to see what opportunities might interest you at, www.danby.com/careers.