Public Relations Specialist,
If you are a seasoned and creative writer with Public Relations and Marketing experience, this role could be for you! You understand storytelling and the power of narrative, you are driven and innovative, and you know how to work hard, but still have fun while doing it. Reporting directly to the Marketing Manager, the Public Relations Specialist will focus on building relationships with relevant editors, media outlets, and influencers to gain further coverage and increase our brand awareness across North America.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Assist with and initiate strategic and creative planning of public relations campaigns and projects
- Provide exceptional results in media relations outreach, delivering strong coverage for our brand
- Grow and maintain a contact list of editors, media contacts, press and influencers with whom you will build and develop professional relationships
- Pitch media to ensure we have ongoing mentions, features in industry news and publications
- Work with other departments to implement marketing and communications strategies
- Drafts, develops, and edits written communications material in a variety of formats for multiple target audiences across varied platforms i.e social media, email, brochures, websites, blogs, newsletters etc…
- Plan, schedule, write and launch press releases
- Assist on all social media platforms to provide responses
- Analyze and report media coverage
- Other duties may be assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required:
- A Degree in Public Relations, Business Communications, Journalism or other related field
- 1 – 2 years experience working in Public Relations
- A natural storyteller who creates engaging content
- Experienced in Microsoft Office ie. MS word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
- Demonstrated strong and effective communications skills, both orally and in writing
- Works well in a fast-paced environment, is well-organized and thrives in a high-volume, deadline-oriented place: time-management and multitasking skills required
- A self-starter who also knows how to work as part of a team
- Motivated, creative thinker, with an understanding of current marketing and social media trends, and an ability to take creative risks
- Excellent relationship-building skills; you are an advocate for the brand
Danby is a proudly Canadian company with a rich history spanning over 70 years. We are currently a leader in the appliance market, producing innovative, quality products at competitive pricing. Our products are marketed under seven brand names: Danby®, Danby Designer®, Danby Diplomat®, Danby Premiere®, Simplicity®, Arcticaire®, and Silhouette®, as well as some private brands for major retail stores.
Danby’s goal of being the largest compact and specialty appliance company in North America is already being realized. Our strong leadership, creativity and innovation provide us with the tools to ensure future growth for many years to come.
At Danby, it’s not just a job, it’s a career.
Here are some of the reasons why being employed with Danby may be your best career move:
- You will have a job where you can be part of change and really make an impact!
- You will have the ability to work with great people who are passionate about our industry.
- You will work for an established company that actually believes in its values and does their best to live them out!
Danby is an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. Accommodations are available upon request in all aspects of the recruitment process. Please check out our careers website to see what opportunities might interest you at, www.danby.com/careers.