At Danby we are constantly evolving our existing products and introducing new products to our customers. You will be the one that helps pull everything together to turn an idea into an actual physical product used everyday in houses across North America!
You will achieve this by supporting the Product Development team, in the development, tracking and reporting of New Product Introduction (NPI) and engineering project schedules.
The Project Coordinator will:
- Assist with overall project performance including costs, schedule, and quality, focus on fast turn implementation phases of New Product Introduction (NPI)
- Maintain and promote excellent relationships with internal functional teams, suppliers, and management
- Coordinate engineering change order processes, scope changes, including pricing, supporting the negotiations of schedule, processing and assessing cost and schedule impact
- Contribute to the development and management of process and procedures
- Escalating issues for resolution by the Project Engineer or Senior Mgmt.
- Documentation of plans, status, and decision made at meetings and may be asked to sit in on Design meetings to assist in the documentation
- Other duties as required ( We wear many hats at Danby)
Qualifications / Requirements:
- 1-3 years’ experience as a project coordinator/scheduler
- 3 year college diploma in a related field (Supply Chain, Engineering/Technical, Project Management Certification)
- Takes initiative and has a knack for problem solving
- Excellent organization
- Ability to raise, facilitate, and resolve issues
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Project Scheduling
- The ability to read and understand drawings and technical specifications is an asset
Here is an example of a newer product in the video below!
Danby is a proudly Canadian company with a rich history spanning over 70 years. We are currently a leader in the appliance market, producing innovative, quality products at competitive pricing. Our products are marketed under seven brand names: Danby®, Danby Designer®, Danby Diplomat®, Danby Premiere®, Simplicity®, Arcticaire®, and Silhouette®, as well as some private brands for major retail stores.
Danby’s goal of being the largest compact and specialty appliance company in North America is already being realized. Our strong leadership, creativity and innovation provide us with the tools to ensure future growth for many years to come.
At Danby, it’s not just a job, it’s a career.
Here are some of the reasons why being employed with Danby may be your best career move:
· You will have a job where you can be part of change and really make an impact!
· You will have the ability to work with great people who are passionate about our industry.
· You will work for an established company that actually believes in its values and does their best to live them out!
Danby is an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. Accommodations are available upon request in all aspects of the recruitment process. Please check out our careers website to see what opportunities might interest you at, www.danby.com/careers.