Do you have experience managing assembly and production lines? Are you interested in bringing the best possible products to market? If so, then read on!
The Production Manager is responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating production floor activities. They will also provide direct leadership to production employees, supervisors, team leaders, and support production employees.
The Production Manager reports directly to the VP Operations and is expected to be a hands on results oriented manager that will manage the day- to-day activities of assembly, and production.
We give you the runway – and you will take off!
- Ability to operate/work in a high growth & entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to interpret standards, specifications, procedures, drawings, etc.
- Excellent project management, planning, and organizational skills
- Knack for continuous improvement, responsibility and accountability through employee engagement and leading by example
- Sound understanding of manufacturing strategies, supply chain and materials management and financial operations management
- Ability to analyze production and quality metrics and proactively implements improvements and solutions to issues that are identified
- Measures in place to monitor inventory levels in order to avoid any interruption in operations
- Provide input on feasibility or design for new product proposals
- BA in Business, or Manufacturing Engineering, or equivalent diploma in Business Administration/work experience
- Minimum 7 years production management progressive experience in a production and/or manufacturing environment, including direct supervision of hourly and salaried employees
- Ability to write reports and effectively present information
- Strong technical, computer and systems knowledge; Hands on experience with ERP and MRP systems and methods
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral
- Must be eligible to travel to USA
Danby is a proudly Canadian company with a rich history spanning over 70 years. We are currently a leader in the appliance market, producing innovative, quality products at competitive pricing. Our products are marketed under seven brand names: Danby®, Danby Designer®, Danby Diplomat®, Danby Premiere®, Simplicity®, Arcticaire®, and Silhouette®, as well as some private brands for major retail stores.
Danby’s goal of being the largest compact and specialty appliance company in North America is already being realized. Our strong leadership, creativity and innovation provide us with the tools to ensure future growth for many years to come.
At Danby, it’s not just a job, it’s a career.
Here are some of the reasons why being employed with Danby may be your best career move:
- You will have a job where you can be part of change and really make an impact!
- You will have the ability to work with great people who are passionate about our industry.
- You will work for an established company that actually believes in its values and does their best to live them out!
Danby is an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. Accommodations are available upon request in all aspects of the recruitment process. Please check out our careers website to see what opportunities might interest you at, www.danby.com/careers.