Under the general direction of the Warehouse Manager, the Production Leader is responsible for a variety of duties to ensure safe, efficient and accurate processing of incoming and out-going shipments. This includes staging, sorting and loading of returns. This position operates a tow motor, clamp truck or cart to move materials around the warehouse with full adherence to company safety policy and safety compliance regulations . The Production Leader is responsible for managing the performance of the Material Handlers, Line Workers and Reverse Logistics Clerks .
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises and motivates RL/Production employees on an ongoing basis
- Counts returns to ensure that the appropriate number of pieces are present
- Sorts incoming product based on decision tree and process, ie scrap, scratch and dent or to remanufacture line
- Perform pretest functions on incoming product to verify operations
- Re-boxes returned product as needed
- Keeps general areas tidy and aisle ways clean and free from cardboard or strapping materials or product etc.
- Operates vehicles according to safety policy and procedures at all times
- Ensures that product is stored with correct stacking heights and is within the marked areas
- Participates in safety training as required
- The candidate must have a focus on production, warehousing, or reverse logistics, with 5 years of experience in a reverse logistics environment in a supervisory capacity.
- Must have experience operating a Forklift or Clamp Truck
- Must demonstrate strong skills in the areas of managing & developing direct reports, problem solving, meeting multiple deadlines, communicating effectively with internal and external customers and detail management
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Able to deal with people sensitively and professionally at all times
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, Outlook (email) is required
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
The Production Leader works in a Warehouse setting and the temperature is variable depending on seasonal conditions. There is noise in relation to the Tow Motor; however, proper hearing protection is provided and is optional. Some lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling of heavy product weighing 45- 50lbs may be required to load and unload various shipments.