Product Engineering Specialist – Mechanical,
The Product Engineering Specialist – Mechanical – provides technical expertise in the development and design of new product and ensures products meet Danby quality and safety specifications. This position works closely with the Product Development Team to develop and evaluate new product concepts and support creation of Technical Documentation such as Owner’s Manuals.
- Experience designing parts in a variety of plastic moulding processes, injection, vacuum and structural foam
- Select the process to optimize design function and cost, select the resin type and work with toolmakers to select gating types/location & any flow issues
- Provide CAD resources to evaluate design concepts. This ranges from rough layout sketches, concept 3D modelling and production engineering drawings
- Evaluates suggestions and reports from Quality Department and makes recommendations to improve products based on engineering principles
- Timely & accurate submission for all energy and safety agencies
- Primary responsibility in creating, editing and localizing all written Use and Care guides
- Ensure Use and Care guides comply with regulatory requirements
- Others duties as required
To be successful you’ll need:
- Candidate must have a college degree in Mechanical Engineering with 2 years direct experience in the manufacturing methodologies
- Must have proficiency with Solidworks and other CAD software is beneficial
- Technical knowledge of appliance and refrigeration products would also be considered an asset
- Must be able to demonstrate strong project management skills.
- Working knowledge of desktop publishing software, specifically InDesign, Quark, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat, and Adobe Illustrator is an asset
- Highly motivated and self-directed capable of multi-tasking, and able to work with minimal supervision
- Strong recording and documentation skills
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
Danby is a proudly Canadian company with a rich history spanning over 70 years. We are currently a leader in the appliance market, producing innovative, quality products at competitive pricing. Our products are marketed under seven brand names: Danby®, Danby Designer®, Danby Diplomat®, Danby Premiere®, Simplicity®, Arcticaire®, and Silhouette®, as well as some private brands for major retail stores.
Danby’s goal of being the largest compact and specialty appliance company in North America is already being realized. Our strong leadership, creativity and innovation provide us with the tools to ensure future growth for many years to come.
At Danby, it’s not just a job, it’s a career.
Here are some of the reasons why being employed with Danby may be your best career move:
- You will have a job where you can be part of change and really make an impact!
- You will have the ability to work with great people who are passionate about our industry.
- You will work for an established company that actually believes in its values and does their best to live them out!
Danby is an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. Accommodations are available upon request in all aspects of the recruitment process. Please check out our careers website to see what opportunities might interest you at, www.danby.com/careers.