Procurement Specialist, Guelph, ON
Under the general direction of the Vendor Relations Manager, the Procurement Specialist will oversee the replacement and manufacturing parts business unit by monitoring revenue and profitability goals and driving key KPI’s of inventory and vendor management activities. This challenging role will be engaged in managing sales strategy, pricing strategy, fulfillment strategy, ecommerce strategy and reviewing demand planning activities adjacent with replenishment planners within the organization. Understanding of product configuration, construction, warranty and quality will be critical to ascertain the most effective strategy for servicing, stocking and managing the lifecycle of parts within the ERP systems.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Revenue & Business Development Management
- Develop and manage sales channels
- Develop and manage sales infrastructure and mechanics
- Develop and manage pricing model and maintain within ERP system
- Manage revenue and profitability targets
Inventory & Product Life Cycle Management
- Establish and manage parts lists through all mediums (web, CD, ERP)
- Manage parts life cycles including substitutions with ERP systems
- Establish and maintain master stock list
- Provide forecasting to replenishment team
- Manage inventory KPI’s including Fill Rate, Back Order, In Stock, Turnover
- Manage all Master Data related to parts in ERP system
- Review and updating parts list with revisions from manufacturer, update drawings and substitution information
- Manage and maintain a parts “where used” database
- Negotiate parts costs
- Maintain parts costs within ERP systems
- Monitor and report supplier performance
- Receiving Discrepancy Investigation/ Mitigation and related forms and documents
- Manage reporting on parts use vs product quality
- Completion of a college or university diploma/degree in a business and/or supply chain discipline
- Candidates must demonstrate strong skills in communication, problem solving, managing detail, and multi-tasking
- Must be proficient and experienced in MO suite with particular emphasis on excel and data management
- Inventory management, manufacturing, MRP/ ERP systems experience.
- Appliance/ Service industry experience will be considered a strong asset.
The Parts Procurement Specialist works in an office setting. This individual spends most of their time in a seated position.