Payroll & Benefits Coordinator,
Are you highly motivated and self-directed? Do you think math is your friend?!
If you can review data analytically, solve problems and work with tiny details that matter, then keep reading!
The Payroll & Benefits Coordinator is responsible for supporting payroll operations and HR administration for all divisions in North America. This includes administering, processing, maintaining, planning and supporting the payroll function as required. But wait, there’s more!
There will be opportunity to perform more HR & payroll administration duties as you grow!
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Payroll & Compensation
- Supports Canadian and US payroll processing to ensure that it is administered biweekly on-time and accurately including year end and accounting reports as required
- Administer Benefits programs (Health, Dental, STD, LTD, Tuition Reimbursement, Leaves etc.)
- Create/maintain documents and data bases
- Plan and execute employee programs
- Provide administrative support to employees (letter, inquiries, claims, forms)
Human Resources Administration
- Assists with recruitment screening and phone screening
- Conducts and supports new employee orientations to ensure successful integration into the Danby workplace and culture
- Conducts exit interviews to identify reasons for voluntary employee terminations and reports on findings when needed
- Maintains records and ensures that HR metrics are reported in areas such as hires, transfers/promotions, performance appraisals, and absenteeism rates
- Compiles, reports and analyzes statistical data and reports to develop recommendations for improvement
Knowledge & Education Required:
- Minimum 1 year experience in Payroll and HR
- Proficient with computer applications – Word, Excel and Power Point
- Strong analytical abilities coupled with effective problem solving and decision making skills
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- CHRP, PCP or CPM Designation is an asset
- Experience with WorkforceNow or Totalsource (ADP) is an asset
Danby is a proudly Canadian company with a rich history spanning over 70 years. We are currently a leader in the appliance market, producing innovative, quality products at competitive pricing. Our products are marketed under seven brand names: Danby®, Danby Designer®, Danby Diplomat®, Danby Premiere®, Simplicity®, Arcticaire®, and Silhouette®, as well as some private brands for major retail stores.
Danby’s goal of being the largest compact and specialty appliance company in North America is already being realized. Our strong leadership, creativity and innovation provide us with the tools to ensure future growth for many years to come.
At Danby, it’s not just a job, it’s a career.
Here are some of the reasons why being employed with Danby may be your best career move:
- You will have a job where you can be part of change and really make an impact!
- You will have the ability to work with great people who are passionate about our industry.
- You will work for an established company that actually believes in its values and does their best to live them out!
Danby is an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. Accommodations are available upon request in all aspects of the recruitment process. Please check out our careers website to see what opportunities might interest you at, www.danby.com/careers.