Under the general direction of the Business Services Manager, the Parts Specialist is responsible for creating and documenting Parts flow diagrams, working with Purchasing to ensure accurate parts and supplies are inventoried to ensure consumer and customer satisfaction in repairs and parts availability. Be a brand ambassador in particular to parts levels and accurate parts. Look to consolidate existing parts used by multiple units. Create a standard parts listing for all products to ensure consistency within models and brands. Maintain parts CD’s and provide updated information to the field service deports and our parts distribution network
What you’ll do:
- Grow the parts business by developing the sales channels including the website
- Strong focus on customer service: consumers, dealers and servicer’s.
- Support Danby customer service reps, including training and order processing
- Support the parts website maintenance
- Review current stock for substitute parts and update system
- Review parts purchase orders for subs on hand
- Confirm subs by physically inspecting parts or requesting photograph from manufacture
- Consolidate parts
- Investigate part CD issues
- Review new part CD for errors, check for available subs
- Responsible for ensuring that all discontinued parts, and or subs are properly updated in Apprise to ensure no ordering in future.
- Update part descriptions in Apprise
- Create ,maintain and organize inspection procedures for incoming parts
- Work with parts receiver when there is an issue with a part
- Work with product development when there are parts issues
- Track and report high volume parts and report these to Quality Director
- Investigate customer part complaints
- Inspect and report on defective parts returns
- Collaborate with Quality Director, Senior Consumer Care manager, Technicians and purchasing to resolve issues
- Prepare quality documents and reports when necessary
- Identifying and resolving problems
- Work directly with China on certain parts issues, parts CD’s and subs
- Provide purchasing with recommended quantities of parts specific to new models, by provide a list to be ordered
- Provide ownership and direction to facilitate part number, descriptions and quantity adjustments with parts department and purchasing
What we’re looking for?
- Completion of a College or University degree
- 3-5 years of direct work experience with technical parts, appliance industry preferred
- Strong skills in communication and rapport building, problem solving, managing detail, multi tasking and follow through.
- Strong proficiency in MS Word, Excel and experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Software is considered an asset.
- Quality Control experience is considered an asset
The Parts Specialist works in an office setting. This individual spends most of their time in a seated position. Data entry is required on a daily basis.
Danby is a proudly Canadian company with a rich history spanning over 70 years. We are currently a leader in the appliance market, producing innovative, quality products at competitive pricing. Our products are marketed under seven brand names: Danby®, Danby Designer®, Danby Diplomat®, Danby Premiere®, Simplicity®, Arcticaire®, and Silhouette®, as well as some private brands for major retail stores.
Danby’s goal of being the largest compact and specialty appliance company in North America is already being realized. Our strong leadership, creativity and innovation provide us with the tools to ensure future growth for many years to come.
At Danby, it’s not just a job, it’s a career.
Here are some of the reasons why being employed with Danby may be your best career move:
- You will have a job where you can be part of change and really make an impact!
- You will have the ability to work with great people who are passionate about our industry.
- You will work for an established company that actually believes in its values and does their best to live them out!
Danby is an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. Accommodations are available upon request in all aspects of the recruitment process. Please check out our careers website to see what opportunities might interest you at, www.danby.com/careers.