Do you have an eye for numbers? Do you enjoy hands on challenging work?
We have just the opportunity for you! The Parts Receiver position is located in Guelph, Ontario reporting into our Parts Supervisor responsible for the prompt and accurate receiving of parts.
What’s in it for You:
- Full time permanent position
- Single Day shift, 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday
- Eligible for medical, dental and vision benefits after a maximum of 90 days
- An outstanding culture where you are part of the Danby family
- Opportunity for advancement and career development
- Discounts on Danby products!
- Receive and review part shipments to ensure order accuracy through packing slip, purchase order and packing list
- Record any parts that could be used as substitutes for other parts
- Create and submit report to Parts Supervisor highlighting any discrepancies
- Place parts received into the proper location within the warehouse
- Help to maintain inventory accuracy, in quantity and bin location
- Input received part shipments into ERP inventory system
- Keep all aisles and emergency exits free from obstructions
- Ensure that all parts are stored in racking or shelving in a safe and orderly manner
- Receive all returns on a daily basis
- Prepare a receiving report for each item returned
- Document status of parts returned (ie. stock or scrap)
- Dispose parts as per company policy
- Perform the required tasks in a timely, cost effective and accurate manner
- Other duties as required
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- 2 years’ experience in a warehouse setting in shipping and receiving
- Experience operating a forklift/clamp truck
- Ability to lift, carry, push, pull product weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Safety mindset!
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Able to work well under pressure
- Able to deal with people sensitively and professionally at all times
- Problem solving
- Strong attention to detail, work ethic and positive team player
- Experience using RF scanners
- Computer literate, proficiency in programs such as, MS Word, Excel, Outlook and NetSuite
Danby is a proudly Canadian company with a rich history spanning 70 years. We are currently a leader in the appliance market, producing innovative, quality products at competitive pricing.
Our products are marketed under seven brand names: Danby®, Danby Designer®, Danby Diplomat®, Danby Premiere®, Simplicity®, Arcticaire®, and Silhouette®, as well as some private brands for major retail stores. Danby’s goal of being the largest compact and specialty appliance company in North America is already being realized. Our strong leadership, creativity and innovation provide us with the tools to ensure future growth for many years to come.
At Danby, it’s not just a job, it’s a career.
Here are some of the reasons why being employed with Danby may be your best career move:
- You will have a job where you can be part of change and really make an impact!
- You will have the ability to work with great people who are passionate about our industry.
- You will work for an established company that actually believes in its values and does their best to live them out!
Danby is an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. Accommodations are available upon request in all aspects of the recruitment process. Please check out our careers website to see what opportunities might interest you at, www.danby.com/careers