Operations Manager, Mobile, AL
Under general direction of the Director of Operations is responsible for overseeing all aspects of product distribution, retail activity and reverse logistics for Danby’s Alabama Warehouse. The Operations Manager negotiates and manages container drayage, transportation, retail and warehouse equipment in accordance with budget expectations. This position is also responsible for managing the performance of admin and supervisory staff in Danby Products Inc. Alabama location.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the company’s attainment of volume, revenue and profit targets with emphasis on building a strong reputation through superior customer service;
- Collaborate with the Vice President of Supply Chain to develop short- and long-term strategic plans, including the preparation of annual business plans and budgets.
- Provide strong leadership by promoting the mission and values of the organization both internally and externally, as well as oversee the adherence to values and mission by direct reports.
- Develop and implement monthly, quarterly and annual budgets, policies and programs for all distribution and warehousing activities.
- Manage and supervise direct reports, overseeing the movement of finished products and materials in and out of all company operated and 3PL warehouses and assigning specific duties.
- Provide support to direct reports in their management roles; by communicating expectations/plans, coaching their performance, providing opportunities to develop skills and holding them accountable;
- Ensures that all reporting staff members are following health and safety policies and procedures.
- Manages all expenses as it relates to warehousing, shipping and receiving of product into all divisions of Danby facilities.
- Review financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
- Establish and implement departmental policies, goals, objectives and procedures, conferring with the executive members, management team and staff as necessary.
- In collaboration with the Warehouse management team determine staffing requirements and oversee the interview, hiring and training of new employees with the assistance of the corporate human resources department.
- Monitor third party business and suppliers to ensure that they are efficiently and effectively providing the needed services and supplies while staying within budgetary limits.
- Develop and present plans for capital projects including warehousing, storage facilities, equipment and potential acquisitions.
- Negotiates annual rates with outside warehousing companies as required.
- Establishes freight rates with trucking and drayage companies on a yearly tendered basis
- Responsible for special projects completion as assigned by Senior Management.
- Develop and execute a reverse logistics strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree or College diploma in Business, Logistics or Material Management related field, or an appropriate combination of education and practical experience.
- 5 years’ of direct work experience in a senior management capacity.
- Working experience in the Commercial Appliance industry preferred.
- Minimum 10 years’ working experience in warehousing/distribution with a North American focus.
- Possess the following personal qualities: integrity, creativity, high standards, commitment, ethical values, and achievement oriented.
- Excellent organizational, strategic, planning and implementing skills.
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts.
- Excellent communication skills, writing, speaking and presenting.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with key business partners, and customers.
- Proven team management and leadership skills to achieve top performance.
- Able to create realistic schedules and meet deadlines under stress and interruptions.
- Understanding of financial reports including budgetary guidelines and project expenditures.
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software.
The Warehouse Operations Manager works in an office located in the warehouse. This individual spends some of their time sitting. Data entry is required of this individual on a regular basis. Travel within divisions and 3PL warehouse locations on a frequent basis will be required.
Danby is a proudly Canadian company with a rich history spanning over 65 years. We are currently a leader in the appliance market, producing innovative, quality products at competitive pricing. Our products are marketed under seven brand names: Danby®, Danby Designer®, Danby Diplomat®, Danby Premiere®, Simplicity®, Arcticaire®, and Silhouette®, as well as some private brands for major retail stores.
Danby’s goal of being the largest compact and specialty appliance company in North America is already being realized. Our strong leadership, creativity and innovation provide us with the tools to ensure future growth for many years to come.
At Danby, it’s not just a job, it’s a career.
Here are some of the reasons why being employed with Danby may be your best career move:
- You will have a job where you can be part of change and really make an impact!
- You will have the ability to work with great people who are passionate about our industry.
- You will work for an established company that actually believes in its values and does their best to live them out!
Danby Products Inc. and Intirion Corporation are EO employers – M/F/Veteran/Disability