Do you consider yourself to be an Excel Expert? Do you enjoy analyzing and manipulating large sets of data to forecast demand and service requirements?
Reporting to the Planning & Procurement Lead, the Materials Planner is responsible for managing sourced product flow, vendor communication, maximizing inventory performance levels and maintaining data integrity across North America.
What’s in it for You?
- 40 hours a week, working with a resourceful, talented and analytical team
- Opportunity to build on your supply chain knowledge and skills
- Employee discounts on Danby products and over 2,000 vendors across Canada through our WorkPerks program
- Promote from within environment
Maintain Master Data
- Maintain master data changes in the DRP system (Distribution Requirements Planning) throughout the product life-cycle.
- Ensure master data integrity in key systems as well as maintaining the processes to support the data quality.
- Provide support to IT in setting up parts and updating information in the parts website.
Coordinate and Enter Spare Parts and Niche Product Purchasing
- Enter and adjust all part numbers in Apprise system in coordination with other Supply Chain Planners
- Coordinate with parts suppliers with regards to pricing, estimated time of arrival and shipping inquiries / discrepancies and communicates relevant information to the Parts and Consumer help desk.
- Produce and update all purchase orders.
- Produce weekly open order reports to ensure accurate due dates are reflected in the planning system.
Perform Shipment Plan Review
- Review upcoming (weekly) shipment plans by vendor.
- Responsible for running planned shipment reports (open PO’s) to review for possible changes when loading plans are not provided by the vendor.
Production parts purchasing
- Review component requirement for production on a weekly basis.
- Follow up on component POs with supplier ensuring that components are available on time to fulfill production plan
- Responsible for Running Master schedule of each production component and act on actions generated by MRP.
- College diploma program in Business / Supply Chain Management and/or 3 years’ work experience in a related field
- Experience working in components parts purchasing an asset.
- Excellent time management, communication, attention to detail and problem solving skills
- An understanding of international logistical requirements and process as well as general inventory control principles
- Strong negotiation and vendor relation skills
- Expert knowledge and experience using MS Word, Excel (VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables, Macros) and ERP/MRP/DRP software
Danby is a proudly Canadian company with a rich history spanning over 70 years. We are currently a leader in the appliance market, producing innovative, quality products at competitive pricing. Our products are marketed under seven brand names: Danby®, Danby Designer®, Danby Diplomat®, Danby Premiere®, Simplicity®, Arcticaire®, and Silhouette®, as well as some private brands for major retail stores.
Danby’s goal of being the largest compact and specialty appliance company in North America is already being realized. Our strong leadership, creativity and innovation provide us with the tools to ensure future growth for many years to come.
At Danby, it’s not just a job, it’s a career.
Here are some of the reasons why being employed with Danby may be your best career move:
- You will have a job where you can be part of change and really make an impact!
- You will have the ability to work with great people who are passionate about our industry.
- You will work for an established company that actually believes in its values and does their best to live them out!
Danby is an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. Accommodations are available upon request in all aspects of the recruitment process. Please check out our careers website to see what opportunities might interest you at, www.danby.com/careers.