Supply Chain Planner,
Are you someone who eats, sleeps and breaths Supply Chain Management? Do you enjoy manipulating large sets of data to predict the future success of a product or a customer? Are you a relationship building expert? If so, we need YOU!
Reporting to the Planning & Procurement Lead, the Supply Chain Planner is responsible for maintaining product flow from vendors to forecast demand and maximize inventory performance.
Whats in it for You?
- 40 hours a week, working with a resourceful, talented and analytical team
- Flex hours for our early risers and night owls
- Competitive benefits program
- A work environment passionate about growth & learning
- BBQ’s, potlucks, and lots of other fun events planned by our Social Committee!
- Employee discounts on Danby products and over 2,000 vendors across Canada through our WorkPerks program
Maintain sales forecasts
- Utilize and maintain via forecasting software, all sales forecasts by product, customer, and forecast group which drive future demand forecasting
- Review demand trends with sales team at minimum twice monthly
- Perform monthly reviews (at minimum) of all customer forecast groups (groups or individuals)
Issue, expedite and maintain inventory levels for all North American locations
- Maintain the appropriate inventory levels through purchase planning software and ERP tools
- Review all SKU’s daily for PO releases
- Accurately manage future demand to create planned receipts through the use of sales data, forecast models and sales management/ customer forecast knowledge
- Track and review trends and information in order to execute changes, cancellations and expediting in a timely fashion.
- Work closely with the Logistics Coordinator role to direct PO’s to the proper destinations in an efficient manner
Issue and maintain warehouse transfer orders
- Issue transfer orders to maintain inventory levels
- Issue transfer orders for designated warehouses and products for a demand item
- Maintain accurate planned inventory through the use of sales reports, receipts reports and adjustment reports
Report inventory level status
- Review inventory monthly and report slow moving inventory
Participate in year-end inventory
- Assist as needed with the accounting department in assisting with the actual process of Y/E counts and/or cycle counting.
- Assist as needed with cycle counts periodically throughout the year for final execution in the warehouse location
- College/University degree in Business/Supply Chain Management and/or 3 years’ work experience in a related field
- Excellent time management, communication, attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Ability to make smart business decisions at the micro management level
- An understanding of international logistical requirements and process as well as general inventory control principles
- Ability to build and maintain lasting relationships with internal departments and external vendors
- Expert knowledge and experience using MS Word, Excel (VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables, Macros) and ERP/MRP/DRP software
Danby is a proudly Canadian company with a rich history spanning over 70 years. We are currently a leader in the appliance market, producing innovative, quality products at competitive pricing. Our products are marketed under seven brand names: Danby®, Danby Designer®, Danby Diplomat®, Danby Premiere®, Simplicity®, Arcticaire®, and Silhouette®, as well as some private brands for major retail stores.
Danby’s goal of being the largest compact and specialty appliance company in North America is already being realized. Our strong leadership, creativity and innovation provide us with the tools to ensure future growth for many years to come.
At Danby, it’s not just a job, it’s a career.
Here are some of the reasons why being employed with Danby may be your best career move:
- You will have a job where you can be part of change and really make an impact!
- You will have the ability to work with great people who are passionate about our industry.
- You will work for an established company that actually believes in its values and does their best to live them out!
Danby is an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. Accommodations are available upon request in all aspects of the recruitment process. Please check out our careers website to see what opportunities might interest you at, www.danby.com/careers.