Do you consider yourself to be an Excel Expert? Do you enjoy analyzing large sets of data to forecast demand and service requirements? Then, this might be the role for you!
Reporting to the Planning & Procurement Lead, the Material Planner is responsible for managing sourced product flow, vendor communication, maximizing inventory performance levels and maintaining data integrity across North America.
What’s in it for You?
- 40 hours a week, working with a resourceful, talented and analytical team
- Opportunity to build on your supply chain knowledge and skills
- Discounts on Danby products
- Promote from within environment
Maintain Master Data
- Responsible for the initial master data set up to support distribution planning activities.
- Maintains master data changes in the DRP system (Distribution Requirements Planning) throughout the product life-cycle.
- Ensures master data integrity in key systems as well as maintaining the processes to support the data quality.
- Provide support to IT in setting up parts and updating information in the parts website.
Coordinate and Enter Spare Parts and Niche Product Purchasing
- Enters and adjusts all part numbers in Apprise system in coordination with other Supply Chain Planners
- Coordinates with parts suppliers with regards to pricing, estimated time of arrival and shipping inquiries / discrepancies and communicates relevant information to the Parts and Consumer help desk.
- Produces and updates all purchase orders.
- Produces weekly open order reports to ensure accurate due dates are reflected in the planning system.
- Fields requests from the Parts Desk and Consumer Service concerning inventory levels and ETA’s for incoming parts.
Perform Shipment Plan Review
- Reviews upcoming (weekly) shipment plans by vendor.
- Responsible for running planned shipment reports (open PO’s) to review for possible changes when loading plans are not provided by the vendor.
Report Inventory Status
- Check Inventory Status Reports that allow for PO expediting and re-scheduling to result in better flow of goods.
- Weekly & Monthly review of key inventory performance metrics to assure minimums and goals are achieved
- Supports the cycle count program to identify and resolve the source of discrepancies.
- College diploma program in Business / Supply Chain Management and/or 3 years’ work experience in a related field
- Excellent time management, communication, attention to detail and problem solving skills
- An understanding of international logistical requirements and process as well as general inventory control principles
- Strong negotiation and vendor relation skills
- Expert knowledge and experience using MS Word, Excel (VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables, Macros) and ERP/MRP/DRP software
Danby is a proudly Canadian company with a rich history spanning over 70 years. We are currently a leader in the appliance market, producing innovative, quality products at competitive pricing. Our products are marketed under seven brand names: Danby®, Danby Designer®, Danby Diplomat®, Danby Premiere®, Simplicity®, Arcticaire®, and Silhouette®, as well as some private brands for major retail stores.
Danby’s goal of being the largest compact and specialty appliance company in North America is already being realized. Our strong leadership, creativity and innovation provide us with the tools to ensure future growth for many years to come.
At Danby, it’s not just a job, it’s a career.
Here are some of the reasons why being employed with Danby may be your best career move:
- You will have a job where you can be part of change and really make an impact!
- You will have the ability to work with great people who are passionate about our industry.
- You will work for an established company that actually believes in its values and does their best to live them out!
Danby is an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. Accommodations are available upon request in all aspects of the recruitment process. Please check out our careers website to see what opportunities might interest you at, www.danby.com/careers.