Material Handler – Reverse Logistics,
Under the general direction of the Reverse Logistics Leader, the Material handler is responsible for a variety of duties to ensure safe, efficient and accurate processing of incoming and out-going shipments. This includes staging, sorting and loading of returns. This position operates a tow motor, clamp truck or cart to move materials around the warehouse with full adherence to company safety policy and safety compliance regulations.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Counts returns to ensure that the appropriate number of pieces are present
- Opens each box and removes the packing slip
- Checks packing slip to ensure appropriate item and model
- Records serial number to ensure correct piece
- Records proper item if item in box is different.
- Sorts incoming product based on decision tree and process, ie scrap, scratch and dent or to remanufacture line
- Builds clamps and places product in appropriate place in Warehouse
- Perform pretest functions on incoming product to verify operations.
- Re-boxes returned product as needed
- Keeps general areas tidy and aisle ways clean and free from cardboard or strapping materials or product etc.
- Completes safety audits as required before operating forklift or clamp truck.
- Changes propane tanks when necessary and follows safety procedures.
- Operates vehicles according to safety policy and procedures at all times.
- Ensures that product is stored with correct stacking heights and is within the marked areas.
- Participates in safety training as required.
- Reports immediately to the any product that is leaning or damaged while operating motorized equipment.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- 2 years experience as a forklift/clamp truck operator
- Forklift Safety Training certificate
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Able to work well under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to deal with people sensitively and professionally at all times
- Computer literate
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
The Material handler works in a Warehouse setting and the temperature is variable depending on seasonal conditions. There is noise in relation to the Tow Motor; however, proper hearing protection is provided and is optional. Some lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling of heavy product weighing 45- 50lbs may be required to load and unload various shipments.
Danby is a proudly Canadian company with a rich history spanning over 65 years. We are currently a leader in the appliance market, producing innovative, quality products at competitive pricing. Our products are marketed under seven brand names: Danby®, Danby Designer®, Danby Diplomat®, Danby Premiere®, Simplicity®, Arcticaire®, and Silhouette®, as well as some private brands for major retail stores.
Danby’s goal of being the largest compact and specialty appliance company in North America is already being realized. Our strong leadership, creativity and innovation provide us with the tools to ensure future growth for many years to come.
At Danby, it’s not just a job, it’s a career.
Here are some of the reasons why being employed with Danby may be your best career move:
- You will have a job where you can be part of change and really make an impact!
- You will have the ability to work with great people who are passionate about our industry.
- You will work for an established company that actually believes in its values and does their best to live them out!
Danby Products Inc. and Intirion Corporation are EO employers – M/F/Veteran/Disability