Material Handler, Guelph, ON
Danby Products Ltd.
$14-16 an hour with benefits – Day shift, great company culture and team!
We are seeking motivated individuals to work at our Warehouse driving lift truck, as well as physically moving pushing pulling, loading, unloading shipments and entering data as required.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Staging product by arranging it for scanning according to order
- Verifying that product to be loaded is correct by comparing the load to the order by checking quantities and SKU #s are accurate
- Moving products using a tow motor, clamp truck or cart
- Loading products into trucks by forklift or by hand
- Unloading product from the trailer and places product in appropriate area of the warehouse as instructed by the Warehouse Manager
- Lifting/carrying products weighing up to 50lbs when a forklift cannot be used
- Adhering to company safety policy and safety compliance regulations
- Other tasks as assigned by your manager
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- 2 years’ experience as a forklift operator (Clamp experience a PLUS)
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Computer skills are an asset
- Full time permanent position
- Day shift Monday to Friday
- Eligible for medical, dental and vision benefits after 3 months
- Pension Match available after 1 year
- Opportunity for advancement and career development including tuition reimbursement
- Have career advancement opportunities in our “promote from within” environment
The Material Handler works in a Warehouse setting and the temperature is variable depending on seasonal conditions. This individual spends most of his/her time in a seated position driving the Tow Motor. Some lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling of heavy product weighing 45- 50lbs may be required to load and unload various shipments.
Danby is a proudly Canadian company with a rich history spanning over 65 years. We are currently a leader in the appliance market, producing innovative, quality products at competitive pricing. Our products are marketed under seven brand names: Danby®, Danby Designer®, Danby Diplomat®, Danby Premiere®, Simplicity®, Arcticaire®, and Silhouette®, as well as some private brands for major retail stores.
Danby’s goal of being the largest compact and specialty appliance company in North America is already being realized. Our strong leadership, creativity and innovation provide us with the tools to ensure future growth for many years to come.
At Danby, it’s not just a job, it’s a career