Material Handler, Tolleson, AZ
The Material Handler is responsible for a variety of duties to ensure safe, efficient and accurate processing of incoming and out-going shipments. This includes staging and loading of orders as well as receiving orders and placing in the proper warehouse area. This position operates a tow motor, clamp truck or cart to move materials around the warehouse with full adherence to company safety policy and safety compliance regulations.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the staging of orders
- Responsible for the loading of orders
- Responsible for receiving product
- Responsible for safety of self and others
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- 2 years experience as a forklift/clamp truck operator
- Forklift Safety Training certificate
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Able to work well under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to deal with people sensitively and professionally at all times
- Computer literate
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs
The Material Handler works in a warehouse setting and the temperature is variable depending on seasonal conditions. This individual spends most of his/her time in a seated position driving the Tow Motor. Noise in relation to the Tow Motor is excessive; however, proper hearing protection is provided and should be worn while driving. Some lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling of heavy product weighing 45- 50lbs will be required to load and unload various shipments.
Danby is a proudly Canadian company with a rich history spanning over 65 years. We are currently a leader in the appliance market, producing innovative, quality products at competitive pricing. Our products are marketed under seven brand names: Danby®, Danby Designer®, Danby Diplomat®, Danby Premiere®, Simplicity®, Arcticaire®, and Silhouette®, as well as some private brands for major retail stores.
Danby’s goal of being the largest compact and specialty appliance company in North America is already being realized. Our strong leadership, creativity and innovation provide us with the tools to ensure future growth for many years to come.
At Danby, it’s not just a job, it’s a career.
Here are some of the reasons why being employed with Danby may be your best career move:
- You will have a job where you can be part of change and really make an impact!
- You will have the ability to work with great people who are passionate about our industry.
- You will work for an established company that actually believes in its values and does their best to live them out!
Danby Products Inc. and Intirion Corporation are EO employers – M/F/Veteran/Disability