Marketing & Supply Chain – Summer Student,
Looking for a great opportunity to get real life work experience in a consumer products company? Look no further!
Are you entrepreneurial like Jim, thrive on ownership, display drive (a sense of purpose), and provide mutual support to your peers? Are you looking to roll up your sleeves and work with us to assess the market, identify the target audience, and help us launch a few products? Maybe you should spend the summer with us.
Whats in it for You?
- 40 hrs a week, Mon- Fri, Summer position
- An outstanding culture where you are part of the Danby family!
- Discounts on Danby products
- Opportunity to build on your Marketing and Supply Chain knowledge and skills
- Conduct market and competitive analysis through online or in field visits (yes, we mean shopping).
- Analyze data from various sources to assist the Category team with decision making.
- Review Danby and competitor websites.
- Review carton artwork and product literature.
- Play an active role in the intercompany idea generation and design of new products.
- Identify and commercialize new products based on customer and consumer insights.
- Be hands-on in the RFQ process from beginning to end including tracking all documents and timelines
- Manage efforts to design the future state sourcing and contract/vendor management business requirements and procedures (i.e., acquisition planning, vendor RFQ/RFP, /vendor administration processes)
- Working towards a University Degree or College Diploma in Business, Marketing, or related field is required
- 1 year marketing (or a combination of marketing/sales/supply chain management) experience
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint ,Word) are required and in addition advanced skills in pulling, manipulating, and analyzing retail data are beneficial
- Ability to develop and deliver a fact-based, logical and compelling presentation
Danby is a proudly Canadian company with a rich history spanning 70 years. We are currently a leader in the appliance market, producing innovative, quality products at competitive pricing. Our products are marketed under seven brand names: Danby®, Danby Designer®, Danby Diplomat®, Danby Premiere®, Simplicity®, Arcticaire®, and Silhouette®, as well as some private brands for major retail stores.
Danby’s goal of being the largest compact and specialty appliance company in North America is already being realized. Our strong leadership, creativity and innovation provide us with the tools to ensure future growth for many years to come.
At Danby, it’s not just a job, it’s a career.
Here are some of the reasons why being employed with Danby may be your best career move:
- You will have a job where you can be part of change and really make an impact!
- You will have the ability to work with great people who are passionate about our industry.
- You will work for an established company that actually believes in its values and does their best to live them out!
Danby is an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. Accommodations are available upon request in all aspects of the recruitment process. Please check out our careers website to see what opportunities might interest you at, www.danby.com/careers.