Logistics Coordinator – 1 Year Contract,
Do you enjoy making sure things get from point A to point B successfully?
Do you have a passion for Supply Chain Management and Logistics?
Reporting into the Customs and Logistics Manager, this position operates out of our Guelph, Ontario head office. The Logistics Coordinator is responsible for the coordination and administration of product shipments through the supply chain to various distribution centers across North America.
What’s in it for You?
- 40 hours a week, contract role, working with an experienced, knowledgeable team
- Opportunity to build on your supply chain knowledge and skills
- Employee discounts on Danby products and over 2,000 vendors across Canada through our WorkPerks program
- Track and schedule all CY shipments to warehouses (schedule to drayage), maintaining closed communication with Drayage Service providers
- Track all direct customer shipments and coordinate final delivery by sending delivery orders to Carriers and/or Drayage Service providers for Canada and USA
- Run daily shipment reports and circulate appropriately
- Perform receipt of DC and FOB orders in ERP system that have been delivered to Customer and/or Customer Freight forwarder, and request invoicing
- Create shipments for all purchases imported from Mexico, USA & Belgium
- Create shipments for intercompany transfers from/to USA, Canada, including those from warehouses within USA and Canada
- Create shipments for spare parts imported USA and Mexico
- Audit shipments created by Danby Asia and request or make correction as required
- Coordinate storage/demurrage charges as authorized and maintain monthly/yearly record of approved charges
- As authorized by SCP, coordinate & execute diversion requests with Carriers
- Receive and review all arrival notices and shipping confirmations for system shipment verification
- Maintain records of shipments from Mexico, USA and Belgium
- Maintain by monthly transit time table and provide to SCP
- Liaise with SCP and Sales on receiving priorities and expedite with Carriers/Truckers as required
- Assist in maintaining records of shipments received with damages, sending letters of intention for claiming to Carriers, in those cases that require compensation
- Assist in the administration of Ocean freight allocation and filing of freight quotes
- College/University degree in Supply Chain Management & Logistics and/or 3 – 5 years work experience in related field
- A demonstrated understanding of International logistic requirements & processes as well as general inventory control principles
- Strong customer service, relationship building & negotiation skills with an understanding of vendor relations
- Expert knowledge and experience using MS Word, Excel (VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables, Macros) and ERP/MRP software
- Excellent time management, communication, attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Ambition to “make things happen” with a sense of urgency
Bonus if you have:
- Traffic & Customs experience
- 3+ years’ experience using ERP/MRP software
Danby is a proudly Canadian company with a rich history spanning over 70 years. We are currently a leader in the appliance market, producing innovative, quality products at competitive pricing. Our products are marketed under seven brand names: Danby®, Danby Designer®, Danby Diplomat®, Danby Premiere®, Simplicity®, Arcticaire®, and Silhouette®, as well as some private brands for major retail stores.
Danby’s goal of being the largest compact and specialty appliance company in North America is already being realized. Our strong leadership, creativity and innovation provide us with the tools to ensure future growth for many years to come.
At Danby, it’s not just a job, it’s a career.
Here are some of the reasons why being employed with Danby may be your best career move:
- You will have a job where you can be part of change and really make an impact!
- You will have the ability to work with great people who are passionate about our industry.
- You will work for an established company that actually believes in its values and does their best to live them out!
Danby is an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. Accommodations are available upon request in all aspects of the recruitment process. Please check out our careers website to see what opportunities might interest you at, www.danby.com/careers.